Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any insight or an electrical diagram on the subject functions?

I do not have a defect but given the fact that I am a bonafide hypermiller, I pulled the AC clutch fuse to evaluate the effect on mileage, and I am convinced that it is on more that it is off especially here on the humid North Atlantic coast. I just invested into a nifty illuminated switch that I want to install in my dash, to;

1 monitor when the AC is automatically activated and
2, IOT manually disable the AC

Another related question.... where have people been installing the extra switches, I need to see the tip indication without looking for it.

This modification has been inspired by what I have read in the link below and other reading online.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/9-ge...r-conditioner-clutch-dragging-when-off-2.html

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update...

Managed to get the information on this circuit. I now have an illuminated switch on my dash that will eventually needs a permanent home. The tip of the switch indicates white when the clutch command is active and the switch is off. when active and enabled by the switch it glows red.

For those of you are interested, I jumpered in the switch on the Brown / Green stripe wire that runs within the loom on the front of the engine valve cover.

I have manual AC which is off most times, and want to verify if there are any hidden modes when humidity is detected and fogging is a calculated risk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts