Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes i get in the car and ac wont work for like 15 minutes then outta no where go ice in a second. Or ill be driving with cold ac for 20 minutes then boom hot for 5 minutes until i break out sweating. very frustrating as i live in florida. Ive brought it in before and they say everything checks out. Sometimes it will work great for a week then ill have a bad week where it keeps going hot. then as soon as i bring it in it will blow cold SMH..did anyone find the ultimate cause of this??? im bringing it in again today... i feel like its some kind of loose connection or something. there has been ti,es i turn the car off then back on and blow out cold instantly..Any help would be great im going to dealer today maybe something i can point out??? any help would be much appreciated

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
This sounds like you have a pressure differential issue. Have your dealership compare what the BCM is reading on the high and low side pressure sensors while the tech is actually checking the pressure. I had a problem where my A/C wouldn't start and I had a bad low side pressure sensor.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you obermd. I did mention wha you sid to the service guy but im not sure he really listened as i was giving so much info trying to explain what was going on. But if problem persists i will bring it up again.

So here what they did. They said my freon was 0.3 low. So refilled system with leak dye and said to bring back when gets hot again. I just cant see how that can be the problem, when this was happening when i first bought the car then went away for a year and now back. If the freon was the issue why did it work perfect for a year inbetween.(really thought was some kind of sensor too) i even said that to the guy he said welll when its leaking the pressure will mess up giving you the hot air then when it stops leaking it will work cold. it could be and on off small leak. i dunno. what do you think?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Low refrigerant (it's not Freon anymore) can also cause the symptoms you described. The fact that they put dye in it is good.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes definitely happy they discovered that and put dye it there to find leak..After all refridgerant doesnt just go low unless its leaking right?

But very next morning on drove to work ice cold(35minutes drive), drove to first job ice cold (25 minutes),now about 45 minute later jump in car to head to my next job and blows hot the whole time about 15-20 minutes and never gets cold and it not even sunny out. very cloudy. 45 minutes later i jump back in car to head to next location and ac is cold instantly within 30 seconds and for the whole drive 15 min). Jump back in the car after that job and blows hot for 10 minutes then went cold.

Ive had multiple cars with refriderant\freon leak low issues in my life and these just arent the same symptoms. For me when it was freon it would first just start taking longer to get cold and then start not getting as cold as it should until it just blows hot. Not this on and off mind of its own stuff. I dont know if refriderant is diff then freon as far as symptoms go? But im not a mechanic.I just want it fixed!

Also this was happening when i first bought the car and then went away for a year on it own just doesnt sound like freon to me sounds like something isnt clicking on or something. Like a sensor issue or compressor getting locked up or something. lol like i said im not a mechanic though.. Any thoughts ?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The fact that its doing the hot/cold business again means it's probably low again. The leak dye should help pinpoint the problem now.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok let me catch you up. after leak dye was put in they found a leak in the low pressure tip fitting opening or something i forgot what they called it. This was not the problem bc get the car back 2 mornings later doing the same thing. brought it in again they say they found the "evap temp sensor" was bad, so they replaced that. That was yesterday. Now this morning i get in my car and i notice i can hear the refridgerant running really loud on position one and 2 like hisssing liquidy gassy sounds continuously running through tubes and when you turn ac off you hear it much louder for like 10 seconds until it stops. it never did this before what could they have done or what could this be? Its not like crazy loud but if you going through the drive through or your parked with radio off or low you defiantely notice it. This couldnt be a normal charateristic could it? it never happened before but my ac has had a bad evap sensor since i bought it i dont know if that would change anything now that its fixed but it doesnt seem right to be making such loud freon sounds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.