Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I've read few articles on the above mentioned error and attempted a few fixes. So please bear with me and don't think this is just another repeat post. I've attempted a number of fixes already.

In short, my wife's 2012 cruze (1.4L) was throwing the above error. My reader called it a P0128. My temperature gauge is also reading zero and will activate intermittently on very rare occasions. The heat is also cool, not cold but not warm either. After doing some research and consulting with some buddies who do car repair. I decided to replace the two coolant sensors, that didn't fix the problem. I then replaced the thermostat because I figured it was either stuck open or closed. Also didn't fix the problem.

So, I'm stumped. Any ideas what else could be wrong? And yes it has antifreeze in it with no leaks in the system that I can find.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,714 Posts
Sounds like the thermostat may be stuck open, is it really cold where you’re at? Also, did you replace with an OEM thermostat?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it's very cold. The thermostat was replaced with and OEM part. Didn't see any corrosion or damage in the terminals of the wiring but I'd assume the damage is somewhere else. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts