Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. I’m new here. I have a 2013 Cruze lt with 128,000 miles. Having some issues and was hoping I could get some advise or ideas. So, Tuesday I was driving at highway speeds. The car started jerking going up an incline. The engine light started flashing. It flashed for about 30 seconds and went off. Car has been intermittently jerking while accelerating on inclines. Wednesday I get in to drive, maybe drive for 5 minutes and the ac off due to high engine temp light comes on. It then went off once I turned the car off and restarted it. The temperature gauge is sitting on cold and moves up maybe a line or two, but it used to sit right around the middle of the gauge. This morning I was driving and the same ac off light came on and also the check engine came on and stayed solid. I pulled over, scanned the car with an obd scanner and cleared the code. I drove about 10 miles home and it hasn’t come back on. I have heat and I don’t see any smoke coming out of the engine. As said earlier, the temperature is reading very low as well. I did add dexcool on Sunday because the coolant was low. I was thinking the thermostat or a sensor. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
Check your coolant and the Waterpump. The Pump is known to go bad and should be covered under a special G.M. extended service campaign for 10 years/150000 miles. Many other posts here on this, the search box can bring them up

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same issue right now. Even when I’m driving for quite sometime, temp gauge would go below c.. I just replace my thermostat (including the housing) 10 months ago. How did you fix yours? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im having the same problem just repaired the manifold for $838.. i have spent about $3000 in repairs on this car.. replaced ask the antifreeze lines to the engine.. don't think this car can be fixed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m having the same issue right now. Even when I’m driving for quite sometime, temp gauge would go below c.. I just replace my thermostat (including the housing) 10 months ago. How did you fix yours? Thanks!
We replaced the thermostat including housing. That seemed to fix the problem. For the jerking and check engine lights we replaced the spark plugs and the rubber gaskets attached to the spark plugs and that took care of it. Since then though we’ve had to replace the water outlet due to it cracking pretty much in half. We also have an oil leak coming from the valve cover. Also noticed a greenish fluid, I’m assuming it’s a/c refrigerant in the snow under the car. This is the worst car I’ve ever owned. It’s one thing after another.

·
Super Moderator
7,484 Posts
This car has three main issue areas and most are fixed relatively easily and cheaply if you get to them in time. I will list what seems to be the most common items - many specifically to the 1.4T, but this is not a comprehensive list. Most of the items will have a How-To post in the DIY section, so look for what appeals to you there.

1. Oil Leaks
a. CPASV seals
b. valve cover gasket
c. turbo oil feed line
2. Coolant Leaks
a. cracked water outlet
b. turbo coolant line (some info only)
c. bad reservoir seams
d. bad reservoir gasket
e. cracked 1.4 thermostat housing (1.8)
f. water pump leaking - see special warranty for this
3. PCV issues - stupid little orange poppet valve dies and causes over pressurization in the intake tract, eventually blows out the vacuum regulator on the valve cover causing a hissing noise, can cause the CPASV seals to leak oil, the valve cover to leak oil, possibly causing the front seal to leak which sounds like a squeal etc etc etc.
3a. Side effect of performing some of these fixes: Ignition Misfires

Read this to start:
2011-2016 Cruze Limited 1.4L PCV System Explained

EDIT: 4. I almost forgot about the electrical gremlins
a. Special Coverage

Additional Info:
Fix Kits: V1 V2 V3
How-To: 2011-2016 Cruze Antifreeze/Coolant Flush
GM 1.4L Turbo Boost & Coolant Leak Testing Kits

1 - 6 of 6 Posts