Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2014 Cruze with 5000 miles have had this happen a couple of times you turn on the AC it blows Hot Air you can turn it off back on still hot air then if you shut the car off come back later it will work fine has done this twice in last few weeks. Has anyone else had this happen....

·
Administrator
25,101 Posts
Yes. In my case the sensor on the high side of the A/C system had water in it and was mis-reading the pressure. The BCM refused to start the compressor to protect it. My dealership actually went and measured the high and low side pressures and compared them to the BCM's readings. It's intermittent and leaves no codes in the system.

·
Administrator
25,101 Posts
You're well within the B2B warranty period. The biggest issue you'll face is getting them to check the pressures directly if it's not acting up when they test.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've been telling everyone this, last week GM opened up an EI about A/C issues ("poor A/C efficiency") on 2014-2015 Cruzes. The techs are gathering information to try send to the engineers so they can determine the cause of the issues and prepare a fix. Defiantly take the car to a GM dealer and they will be able to search the computer and find this info.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Have a 2014 Cruze with 5000 miles have had this happen a couple of times you turn on the AC it blows Hot Air you can turn it off back on still hot air then if you shut the car off come back later it will work fine has done this twice in last few weeks. Has anyone else had this happen....
Hi Rich,

If you need any additional assistance with this, I would be happy to reach out to the dealership on your behalf and look into this more for you. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
Hi Rich,

If you need any additional assistance with this, I would be happy to reach out to the dealership on your behalf and look into this more for you. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Ooh, Patsy's already joining us on here within her first Starbucks of the day! Must be a rough day on the other forums already...

·
5,722 Posts
Ooh, Patsy's already joining us on here within her first Starbucks of the day! Must be a rough day on the other forums already...
You caught me! I actually had a large McDonald's coffee this morning. Starbucks will be later when I hit my "2:30 feeling" haha.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Rich,

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
AC done this again today called the Dealer i purchased it from( 60 miles from home) if it was ok to take it into the Dealer here in our Hometown they said would be fine that they would take care of any issues with the car wouldn`t hurt my Lifetime Powertrain Warranty as long as i bring it into them for my Oil Changes. Going to stop here at the dealer in town tomorrow see what they say will post back my findings. Nice to know that Patsy has our backs if we need her.

·
5,722 Posts
AC done this again today called the Dealer i purchased it from( 60 miles from home) if it was ok to take it into the Dealer here in our Hometown they said would be fine that they would take care of any issues with the car wouldn`t hurt my Lifetime Powertrain Warranty as long as i bring it into them for my Oil Changes. Going to stop here at the dealer in town tomorrow see what they say will post back my findings. Nice to know that Patsy has our backs if we need her.
Of course, Rich! Always happy to help the best way possible. Looking forward to hearing about your visit to the dealership today. Hoping for good things :).

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
Of course, Rich! Always happy to help the best way possible. Looking forward to hearing about your visit to the dealership today. Hoping for good things :).

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Yeah Rich, you better let Patsy know how it goes! We don't want her crying herself to sleep tonight waiting for the good news!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Took the Cruze into the Dealer today they ran a Scan on it didn`t find anything there. He Recalibrated the system said the doors were operating a little slow and wanted me to try that for a few days but was thinking that he may have to replace Actuator flap or something if the recalibration doesn`t work. Will keep the post updated with results.

Thanks,

·
5,722 Posts
Took the Cruze into the Dealer today they ran a Scan on it didn`t find anything there. He Recalibrated the system said the doors were operating a little slow and wanted me to try that for a few days but was thinking that he may have to replace Actuator flap or something if the recalibration doesn`t work. Will keep the post updated with results.

Thanks,
Hi Rich,

Thanks for the update! Feel free to send me a private message when assistance is needed further. Looking forward to your updates.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 13 of 13 Posts