Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So switching from blowing at dash vents to vent and foot all is well. Well today I wanted only feet and for whatever reason the defrost windshield vents would also open. Is this normal??

Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
You wanted just A/C on your feet???

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You wanted just A/C on your feet???
I had fish and meat in the passenger footwell, trunk was basically full and I wanted to make sure meat didn鈥檛 spill

Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
I had fish and meat in the passenger footwell, trunk was basically full and I wanted to make sure meat didn鈥檛 spill
Got ya. I just went out and tested and mine does it too. I assume it's too much airflow for just feet.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any idea folks?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a WAG, but I know the AC is also your dehumidifier, might have something to do with that, but probably not:

No air from vents!
Wont kick into Defrost
I don鈥檛 have another Cruze with non auto climate control to reference so not sure. If another Cruze when on feet mode blows through the window defrost I鈥檓 good. I think it鈥檚 a actuator bad since there is a defrost and feet mode combo and it seems it鈥檚 not closing defrost when going to feet only. Fortunately feet and dash vent and dash vent only modes work which I use 98% of the time.

Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
I don鈥檛 have another Cruze with non auto climate control to reference so not sure. If another Cruze when on feet mode blows through the window defrost I鈥檓 good.
I literally said mine does it too... does anyone read my posts???

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I literally said mine does it too... does anyone read my posts???
Oops, if it where a snake it would have bit me. Well odd that there is a feet and defrost setting and a feet setting by that also is feet/defrost with a different picture lol.

Registered
It sounds like it's either the control head needs a reset, or the gears on the mode actuator behind the speedo broke. I'm betting it's the gears. There's a good diy thread on here for it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Premium Member
It sounds like it's either the control head needs a reset, or the gears on the mode actuator behind the speedo broke. I'm betting it's the gears. There's a good diy thread on here for it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
If the gear mode actuator broke then the mode wouldn鈥檛 change at all. I believe the OP can still select the full range but maybe just leaking some air down to the feet area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts