Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I have a 2014 Cruze LT and my AC vent (it sounds like the passenger side, but can't truly pinpoint) makes a weird noise when on. It doesn't matter the speed. I will give my best shot at describing the sound, but it's hard - imagine a small hole with air blowing through it and then a loose flap closing and opening rapidly. The noise I'm hearing would be said "flap" hitting on the hole. It's just loud enough to go over the radio on a comfortable volume. I fixed one little thing that was bothering me since buying (bought used) and this is the last issue on my list. After that, we should be all good.

Can anyone relate to this or know a fix?

Edit: I've done some more googling and it may be the actuator? Is this a cheap or expensive fix?

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
Hello everyone. I have a 2014 Cruze LT and my AC vent (it sounds like the passenger side, but can't truly pinpoint) makes a weird noise when on. It doesn't matter the speed. I will give my best shot at describing the sound, but it's hard - imagine a small hole with air blowing through it and then a loose flap closing and opening rapidly. The noise I'm hearing would be said "flap" hitting on the hole. It's just loud enough to go over the radio on a comfortable volume. I fixed one little thing that was bothering me since buying (bought used) and this is the last issue on my list. After that, we should be all good.

Can anyone relate to this or know a fix?

Edit: I've done some more googling and it may be the actuator? Is this a cheap or expensive fix?
Read through this thread. It may give some insight to the actuator.

[h=1]No air from vents![/h]

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Another quick thing to check is the Cabin Air Filter. It’s located behind the glove box. It’s been know to collect all sorts of debris, perhaps some leaves or trash ‘fluttering’ in there?

Reactions: Blasirl
1 - 3 of 3 Posts