Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been experiencing accelerating issues lately at random moments. At random times when I am driving and come to a stop sign or a red light, then when I give gas after stopping the car does not move at all. Feels like it died, then i'll let go of the gas and hit the gas again and sometimes it will take off normally. Two days ago, I was backing up on my drive way and when giving gas in reverse, the car went up a bit then did not accelerate anymore I let the gas go and hit on the breaks because I was moving down the driveway. I then tried giving gas again and the car did not want to reverse up the drive way. Then I turned down the AC from the highest settings to the 3rd setting and then let go of the brake and gave gas and it finally went up the drive way. Today after not driving the car for two days, I attempted to do remote start and half way of the car turning on, the engine completely stopped. Afterwards, I turned on the car from the inside of the vehicle and it turned on without an issue. Drove it around to see if the issue occurred again and wasn't able to duplicate it. Again, the accelerating issue occurs randomly.

I do not have a check engine light on. Its a 2013 RS 1.4 Turbo Engine with 131,437 miles. When the car is off, the battery reads 12.35V - 12.36V. When the car is on, the battery reads 14.35V - 14.36V. What could possibly be the issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I am just wondering if you found a resolution to this problem. My 2011 1.4 liter Cruze with 208,000 miles does exactly the same thing. I almost think it is fuel system related, but am not sure.

Thanks,

Chuck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts