Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Accelerating on its own! CEco M/T

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Quazar 
#1 ·
Yesterday when I left the gym my car kept accelerating on it's own. Has anyone else experianced this. It stopped after the third time I killed the engine.

#2 ·
it is an drive by wire throttle body, so I could see it happen. Are you sure cruise control is off or you do not have it installed? what gear were you in, was it down hill, did you put it in Neutral and see if it still accelerated?

#4 ·
was your foot completely OFF the gas, or just slightly on and it pulled? did you see the rpm's increase?

Ok so let me just clarify this in my head, you were in 3rd gear (manual trans). Going up a hill, foot is off gas and off clutch and the car accels? How fast did it accel?

#5 ·
was your foot completely OFF the gas, or just slightly on and it pulled? did you see the rpm's increase?

Ok so let me just clarify this in my head, you were in 3rd gear (manual trans). Going up a hill, foot is off gas and off clutch and the car accels? How fast did it accel?

Slightly up hill, and it accelerated faster the longer I let it which is why I noticed it. I first felt the car pull forward, so I popped the clutch and watched the RPM's go to about 2000 and stay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.