Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else with a 2014 Cruze get the letter I just did?

"The letter is intednded to make you aware that some 2014 model year Chev Cruze vehicles may have a condition where the accelerator pedal can break at the stalk just below the housing due to the driver entering or exiting the vehicle with their foot resting on the accelerator pedal."

It also says "DO NOT take your vehicle to the Chev dealer as a result of this letter unless you believe your vehicle has this condition."

SO, when the pedal breaks, you know you have the condition. Can't drive it, but then you can have it towed to the dealer. :cwm14:

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
"...due to the driver entering or exiting the vehicle with their foot resting on the accelerator pedal."
As they used to say on Hee Haw "Don't do that!" It's sounds like the thing can break if you put too much sideways force on it.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
good thing it won't break from slamming it to the floor...

But i should probably be more careful about that.
imk ok if it breaks unintentionally. Get hopefully a stronger and updated part

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
Got my letter today. I'll just have to remember not to kick my gas pedal sideways. I'm still trying to figure out how you can even reach the gas pedal while getting in and out of the car.

·
10,712 Posts
Got my letter today. I'll just have to remember not to kick my gas pedal sideways. I'm still trying to figure out how you can even reach the gas pedal while getting in and out of the car.
I'm sure this is for autos, manual the brake pedal is kinda in the way unless you really have that drivers seat wedged into the dash. The only thing I scrape getting in and out is the wheel. It's damaged on the bottom, need to lose weight or find a flat bottom wheel.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out how you can even reach the gas pedal while getting in and out of the car.
I think it's in the early stage of getting out, or more likely, the late stage of getting in. I can see the latter. You're moving your feet into position, but hit the side of the pedal instead of clearing it. I'm not picturing how you'd have your foot to the right of the pedal, so getting out doesn't seem as likely.

·
10,712 Posts
Next time I'm at the dealer for something, I'm going to reach under there and rip it out!(if there is an updated part)!
Most likely not an updated part. For all we know it could be the same for the 2nd gen and they trying to quietly not say it until they find a fix or someone breaks one in the 2nd gen.

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
I'm sure this is for autos, manual the brake pedal is kinda in the way unless you really have that drivers seat wedged into the dash. The only thing I scrape getting in and out is the wheel. It's damaged on the bottom, need to lose weight or find a flat bottom wheel.
I own a manual. My feet are no where near any of the pedals when I'm getting in or out.

·
10,712 Posts
I own a manual. My feet are no where near any of the pedals when I'm getting in or out.
Yeah reason I said it has to be auto issue. Just now trying to do it my foot hits brake 1st then it goes gas at a natural angle the pedal is indented to move.

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk App

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've stomped mine to the floor plenty of times (like applying such force is going to make any difference :D ) so I'm pretty confident I'd have to be completely careless and use it to push myself out of the car to break it.

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
I've stomped mine to the floor plenty of times (like applying such force is going to make any difference :D ) so I'm pretty confident I'd have to be completely careless and use it to push myself out of the car to break it.
And this is exactly what people are doing - pushing sideways on the pedal while getting in and out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got our letter today. Unfortunately our car is almost at the 120k mile mark, so guess we are out. I think we may just add this to our budget with the PCV Valve/Valve Cover replacement that gets done yearly (good luck for anyone that tries to fight this battle with GM Customer Service). Although, we have an Auto and I don't think that I have ever hit the gas or brake pedal getting in or out of the vehicle. Can't say the same for my husband.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts