Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received another letter from GM. "SOME 2012 MODEL YEAR CHEVROLET CRUZE VEHICLES MAY HAVE A CONDITION WHERE THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL CAN BREAK AT THE STALK JUST BELOW THE HOUSING DUE TO THE DRIVER ENTERING OR EXITING THE VEHICLE WITH THEIR FOOT RESTING ON THE PEDAL." How nice of them to blame the driver. Anyway, watch for this letter in the mail. It extends the warranty to 120,000 or 10 years, etc.

Keep the letter with your other important Cruze documents in case you need it. The letter comes with a claim form.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I got the same letter... Why this isn't a recall is absurd. They think having one break off is not a potential safety risk?! If I am trying to merge into traffic and this turd breaks off and I go idle it will cause a crash. I may just break if off and tell them to fix it just to be certain. This is NOT how this should be handled.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I got the same letter... Why this isn't a recall is absurd. They think having one break off is not a potential safety risk?! If I am trying to merge into traffic and this turd breaks off and I go idle it will cause a crash. I may just break if off and tell them to fix it just to be certain. This is NOT how this should be handled.
The way I interpret the letter is that it's only likely to break when you are getting in or out of the car, not when you're driving with your foot square to the pedal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,317 Posts
The way I interpret the letter is that it's only likely to break when you are getting in or out of the car, not when you're driving with your foot square to the pedal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
My car was floored lots of times - never broke!

The notice is if you somehow manage to kick or push against the pedal sideways, which I can't really figure out how you'd do anyway...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts