Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently replacing the original water pump at 75,000 miles. While draining the radiator, I noticed signs of oil in the intercooler line from the turbo to the cooler.

There's someone on youtube who has removed the intercooler to be cleaned and he removed the bumper. Has anyone removed the factory intercooler lines, without pulling the front bumper?

I'm guessing I may also have a PCV intake check valve problem. Or maybe it's possible that 7 years has made the intake collect a little oil. I'm going to concentrate on the water pump and drive until next spring. If I still have the car I may have to tear into the intercooler.

I google searched a lot of threads, with little info. For those doing boost testing, and see leaks at the intercooler to charge line, how are you getting to the bottom of the intercooler?

Looks like it may snap apart if you pull the metal clip ring? Similar to the way the radiator hose to water pump is set up?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,667 Posts
I'm currently replacing the original water pump at 75,000 miles. While draining the radiator, I noticed signs of oil in the intercooler line from the turbo to the cooler.

There's someone on youtube who has removed the intercooler to be cleaned and he removed the bumper. Has anyone removed the factory intercooler lines, without pulling the front bumper?

I'm guessing I may also have a PCV intake check valve problem. Or maybe it's possible that 7 years has made the intake collect a little oil. I'm going to concentrate on the water pump and drive until next spring. If I still have the car I may have to tear into the intercooler.

I google searched a lot of threads, with little info. For those doing boost testing, and see leaks at the intercooler to charge line, how are you getting to the bottom of the intercooler?

Looks like it may snap apart if you pull the metal clip ring? Similar to the way the radiator hose to water pump is set up?
I am not going to be any help as far as the lines or not removing the fascia is concerned, but had a few other comments:

Robby commented on something like this in 2015.

As easy as it is to check the PCV valve, I would do that just to be sure. From anecdotal evidence (I have not had this problem - yet), it looks like you are inviting trouble if it is in fact bad and you continue to drive.

For others reading, I have included the following links:

[h=1]2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues[/h]
[h=1]How-To: Replace Turbo Oil Feed Line[/h]

·
Registered
65 Posts
I removed the front bumper cover to access and remove the intercooler. Removal of the intercooler charge tube the delivers compressed air from the turbo compressor to the intercooler is straight forward. Removal of the intercooler discharge tube that delivers air to the throttle body is more difficult. I was not able to remove it going upward. I think it may be more likely to remove it from underneath the vehicle. I think it unlikely that tube can be removed without first removing the bumper cover. Removal of the bumper cover is not especially difficult although one should use plastic pry bar tools to avoid damaging the soft polymer material.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts