Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I recently noticed on my wifes chevy cruze that it was a little low on coolant. Being the super genius that I am, (sarcasm), I added regular antifreeze to it. That was a couple days ago. I noticed today that the windows were fogging up more than usual. We had hot food in the car so it may have been due to that. But it reminded me of when my friends car had a leaking heater core and it made the windows fog up like crazy. I looked online and found that you are not supposed to mix the orange and green antifreeze. Im sure most people already know this but this is the newest car ive ever messed with.

SO... what kind of damage did I cause? Its probably been drove about 100-125 miles since i added it. I am planning on taking it to the shop tomorrow for a coolant flush.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wouldn't panic over this. It has been my experience that problems only occur after someone uses the wrong fluid for an extended period of time. Most problems arise from the engines metals reacting to the wrong coolant but since your rectifying the situation quickly you should have nothing to worry about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts