Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t know if this is what happened or not but I
used some turtle wax rubbing compound to remove a few scratches from the hood of the car because I have to try to trade it. Even though I didn’t rub that hard it seems to have really screwed up the finish. I am attaching a picture. Does anyone know of anything I can do to fix this??

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
166 Posts
are you talking about the lighter spot in the center of the picture or the swirls in the paint towards the bottom? Did you do it by hand or with a machine? need some more details before I can help you out. I am a certified detailer and IMO you always start with the least aggressive and work your way up if its not "cutting" it. That pic it doesn't look like your through the clear coat yet but you will have to be careful in what your next step will be.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,474 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,696 Posts
You gotta be careful with rubbing compound. It's abrasive stuff.

Have you tried waxing over it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are you talking about the lighter spot in the center of the picture or the swirls in the paint towards the bottom? Did you do it by hand or with a machine? need some more details before I can help you out. I am a certified detailer and IMO you always start with the least aggressive and work your way up if its not "cutting" it. That pic it doesn't look like your through the clear coat yet but you will have to be careful in what your next step will be.
The lighter spot in the center AND the swirls! I did it by hand and didn’t rub that hard. I obviously did something wrong. Maybe it dried too fast and maybe the rubbing compound was too rough. I just hope and pray it can be repaired as there were just a few scratches and now it’s a mess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts