Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my active shutter flaps break causing my chassis control module to short out as well as my fuel pump module. It took 2 days in the shop for a brand new 2015 Cruze with 2500 miles on it to be repaired. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. There is no recall on the Active Shutter Flaps currently, but I don't know that there won't be in the future.

·
Administrator
25,036 Posts
Sounds more to me like you had an electrical short. That's the only way I can see the shutters taking out the fuel pump controller. The fuel pump controller handles the opening and closing of the shutters.

As to your question, this is the first time I've heard of this happening.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
The fuel pump controller handles the opening and closing of the shutters.
Eh? I'll have to crack open the book later on. I assumed it was the other module that was replaced that ran the shutters. Sure, the shutters could take out whatever module drives it, but to take out a second module is surprising.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I recently had my active shutter flaps break causing my chassis control module to short out as well as my fuel pump module. It took 2 days in the shop for a brand new 2015 Cruze with 2500 miles on it to be repaired. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. There is no recall on the Active Shutter Flaps currently, but I don't know that there won't be in the future.
Hi Asteele553,

So sorry for this! This is really unfortunate for a brand new Cruze, and we would be happy to assist if needed. Glad to see you are working with the dealership, and we can't wait for you to be back behind the wheel. Looking forward to your updates!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts