Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 2 days ago im sitting at work selling the GM 20% off cars. My spouse drives my 95 grand Cherokee v8 4x4 with 235k miles. She so far is a car killer. She has let the battery die 7 times and when it overheats she doesn't notice till its near Blown head gasket range... she is 100% car illiterate but no one taught her. So my jeep has some minor issues but her using is not helping my case. So im tired of having her drive my cruze to work while i take my motorcycle every day ( some times i want comfort not speed). well im gonna fix my jeep since its a needed and good to have vehicle.

I told her why dont you come in and buy one of my 20% off spark LS ? it gets 31 city mpg- 10 airbags and safe, has that apple car play she is crazy for, and the biggest i wont have to wrench on it for 5 years other then basic maintenance. she has good but young credit and limited loan spectrum... well with my excellent credit i co sign and got 8.6% with GM financial (yay gm so now im set for life with them.... ugh 8.6 when i got my cruze 2.9%). i got a LS with premium black granite paint, a new plate with her and i on it, tax all for 13k out the door.

Car is really comfortable and even more driver room then my cruze, great on gas, easy for her to drive,...... its SOOOO SLLLLOOOOOWWWWW. lol.... and i hate that we had to get a CVT but car is so cheap that with 250$ a month vs 199 minimum in 3 years with depreciation should be near breaking even or a tiny bit of neg equity. i figure its a credit builder for her and in 5 years when warranty is up sell it or trade... or if its doing well keep it for 10 years.. then it cost us 1,000 a year to use

Reactions: sparkman

·
2,254 Posts
Congrats, we have a couple on our lot. They are really slow, they have the non-turbo 1.4L IIRC, making under 100 hp.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah very slow but again its a econo box thats getting 31mpg and is cheap so ohh well

·
2,254 Posts
yah very slow but again its a econo box thats getting 31mpg and is cheap so ohh well
We are thinking about getting one for my sibling after she learns to drive. She can't stand the looks of them though, I think they look a lot better than the previous generation though.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Wow quite a change from a v8 to a spark....

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are thinking about getting one for my sibling after she learns to drive. She can't stand the looks of them though, I think they look a lot better than the previous generation though.
yah we had a lot of them on our lot too but they move fast with the 20% off

Wow quite a change from a v8 to a spark....
yah she loved driving my jeep but she didn't care for it as well as i did and its getting older so i need to do some maint i cant do while she drives it every day. she likes the spark and she does agree its slow but for her going to work and back cheaply cant beat it. only thing cheap and comparable is the mitsu mirage and thats a rolling tin can of junk box

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the new body is a MASSIVE improvement. doesn't look like a kids toy anymore, smarter interior layout and the extra HP is very welcome

Reactions: sparkman

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Nice - I like the look of the new sparks too. My next car after my cruze I might downsize and this will be on the list but leaning towards a sonic but we will see. Who knows maybe when my engine decides it is done I will put the new cruze engine in my 2011 1LT (If possible at a reasonable price). I really like the body on my cruze it just fits me right and I can scoot around town pretty good in my cruze. I know the honda guys on their forums put the newer engines in the older hondas and have pretty good luck with them and I actually contemplated the idea with my old 1996 civic that I traded in on my cruze so maybe the cruze will end up going that way and there will be a lively after market for them after a couple of generations. It seems to be starting out well with all the great tunes available.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that by the time my cruze loan is up ill have enough money and employee pricing to buy a brand new motor and trans. The spark drives nice, a little less composed then the cruze z link of course but for what it is it does well. Drives very composed, holds speed just fine, a little buzzy since its a cvt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts