Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Blasirl 
#1 ·
I originally searched the forum and google to see if a heated leather steering wheel could be added to my Cruze. I didn't find anyone that has done it. So I bought a used steering wheel and i did it anyways, figuring leather would be nice upgrade alone. Unfortunately the heat didn't work when i first installed it. I eventually figured out the wire harness has wires for it already, but the clock spring did not. I replace the clock spring with PN 84404719 and now the heat works! I have a 2017 Manual LT Hatchback, but this can probably be done on any LT. It's nice upgrade for my winter commute. Hopefully this helps.

#3 ·
There's a YouTube video showing how the airbag comes off, the guy seems frustrated and takes a while and he finally "decides" to just u do one side and kind of push it off the other. This is actually the proper way, he just didn't know it.

There's one bolt under the bag holding the wheel on. This bolt is a one time use fastener and intended to be discarded. Get one before you do the swap, to the OP, pick one up and replace yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.