Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove a new Malibu and it had a tiny LED right above the shift and center console... instead of the bright map light while driving looking for something...the night light would be cool!

Has anyone tried adding one?

Sent from my SM-G530P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Our 2011` Acadia has one and I really like it. I thought about adding one. You would have to recess it into the plastic so it doesn't shine outward. If you figure a way to accomplish this I'm interested.

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
ive thought about it but dont have a way of doing so... plus still in bumper to bumper so wont touch iut lol

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Really? My car has that. Oh, right. :grin: I did this mod. I bought a light panel for a Verano. The LED that backlights the switches also shines down in the gearshift area. A dim blue light. The linked shows my mod to the mod that saves you from running extra wires. It's almost plug and play.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
It seems to work OK on my desktop browser. It's a link to a thread called "Reading Lights Swap" in this same section.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,880 Posts
My Cobalt has that feature, albeit unintentionally - the LED festoon in the dome stays slightly lit even when the light is "off", so there is always a slightly dim light at night, especially since I leave the dome cover off (subs make it rattle).

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
well this is now being printed out

·
10,712 Posts
wow i feel dumb I didn't even realize my wife's Malibu had this.
1st time I saw it really. Prior to 2013 when the front/rear dome light changed, everyone was getting the Verano ones. If you take yours (well, not you in the 2nd gen) apart the ambient LED delete is in there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts