Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that on the 2012 Cruze LS, Chevy deleted the covered dash storage bin. Now it just has an open tray. Do you think it's possible to add the covered bin by ordering the part from the Chevy parts department? Does it look like it would be a time consuming task i.e. tearing the complete dash apart? Or is it simply a matter of popping out the tray and snapping in a pre-assembled covered bin? Just curious! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Huh, my Eco has the covered bin. It can't be that hard.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I looked at an LS we have on the lot and it seems like that tray "could" pop out from the top. However, the bin with the lid on the other models looks like it is something that has to be installed from underneath. So it can probably be done, but not easily.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had the tray out. If I recall correctly, it was just two 7mm screws that hold it in. You have to pop off the silver trim that surrounds the radio and they're both right underneath that.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just bought a 2012 LT/RS last week and mine has the Covered storage bin.
Right, your's is an LT......it's the LS models that don't have the covered bin for 2012, all the other models do. I'm sure it was done to save a few bucks but it makes the thing useless because if you put anything light colored in there you get terrible reflections off the windshield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts