Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Yes. Talk to the parts guy at your dealership. There are two versions depending on which steering wheel you have (radio controls or no radio controls). The kits are at Cruise Control landing page, but you will also need to do some reprogramming of the car to activate it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes. Talk to the parts guy at your dealership. There are two versions depending on which steering wheel you have (radio controls or no radio controls). The kits are at Cruise Control landing page, but you will also need to do some reprogramming of the car to activate it.
What kind of programming are we talking about here? I really miss cruise control in my 6spd manual. Is there a tutorial that you know of? I have the audio controls in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a dealership install GM cruise on my 13 LS manual. It involves a steering wheel swap and then programming by the dealer - apparently they need to call GM and "unlock" it. Most dealers in my area have the price of the install listed in the accessories tab of their websites. Prices installed for the wheel with audio controls ranged from $340-$425, so it pays to shop around. I had mine done for $288, due to a typo on the dealer website - they honored the price then corrected their site.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a dealership install GM cruise on my 13 LS manual. It involves a steering wheel swap and then programming by the dealer - apparently they need to call GM and "unlock" it. Most dealers in my area have the price of the install listed in the accessories tab of their websites. Prices installed for the wheel with audio controls ranged from $340-$425, so it pays to shop around. I had mine done for $288, due to a typo on the dealer website - they honored the price then corrected their site.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to try and figure out out how to do it myself, I'm more of a DIY kind of guy.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i have a 2012 ls with radio controls, i bought a leather wheel with cruise and radio (part 95129796 i believe) and swapped it on and had the dealership try to activate it but they tried for over a week straight with no luck so i gave up.
on monday i took it in for an oil change and they found that the serpentine belt was entirely split longways down the middle (is that normal?) so they did a warranty repair and im in a gmc yukon right now since the enterprise somehow ran out of cars.
anyway, i asked them to try again to fix the cruise while it was in the shop and they called me a day later saying that gm doesnt offer any sort of upgrade and that the only way to get it is an aftermarket unit.
is this correct or was the rep wrong?

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Your rep doesn't know what he's talking about. Follow the link in post 2 above to find the GM OEM Cruze Control for the Chevy Cruze. I'd also open a service ticket with GM directly to get your Cruze control turned on. Contact Chevy Customer Care here via PM. They'll need your VIN and preferred dealer (although I suspect you need to find a different dealership).

·
10,711 Posts
Your rep doesn't know what he's talking about. Follow the link in post 2 above to find the GM OEM Cruze Control for the Chevy Cruze. I'd also open a service ticket with GM directly to get your Cruze control turned on. Contact Chevy Customer Care here via PM. They'll need your VIN and preferred dealer (although I suspect you need to find a different dealership).
Yep Chevy Customer Care to help document lack of dealership help and help locate another dealer that is not owned by the same person if possible.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to try and figure out out how to do it myself, I'm more of a DIY kind of guy.
You can do the instal physically but dealer needs to take it from there electronically. Even fog lights require a dealership electronically so the switch will turn them on depending on when the car was made. Eventually the door handles will require BCM inputs to open the doors like in the Vette but without the fancy button.

what blows my mind is you can buy a Chevy Cruze with out cruise control :p
Yeah, pointless to call it a Cruze when it lacks that option. It made perfect sense to somebody and they all agreed like it was innovative.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
139 Posts
ok well when they tried to fix it the first time they said i already had a clockspring (probably cuz of radio controls) and that the wheel and clockspring work but they couldnt get them to communicate for some reason.
other problem is id rather go through the same dealership because i already paid for the reflash from them and dont wanna pay again, and the people that actually tried to work on it knew atleast that it could be done just not how.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
daktah,

We can certainly look into this further for you. Please private message us your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership. I look forward to hearing from you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
139 Posts
finally went to my original dealer and they were able to get my cruise working in... a day. it to the other dealer... over a week with no results.
mad props to findlay chevrolet in las vegas!
angry anti-props to viva chevy in el paso!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was looking to install cruise control in to my 2011 Chevy Cruze. Wanted to know if it would be easier to order the piece and do it myself or should I go to the dealership and have them install it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was looking to install cruise control in to my 2011 Chevy Cruze. Wanted to know if it would be easier to order the piece and do it myself or should I go to the dealership and have them install it?

Your first step is to get your VIN number and contact the dealership. You HAVE to do this because everything is electronic as far as the cruise control goes and certain cars got the cruise control module installed. If the dealer comes back and says that there isn't a module installed for the cruise, there will be no possible way to add it.
On the flip side, if it does have the module installed it makes the process of adding it way easier than adding cruise on older cars. Because it's a module that will be already installed in the vehicle all you will have to do is purchase a steering wheel with the controls installed in it and install that. If you can that part yourself if you'd like, but in the end you have to take it to the dealer no matter what so they can contact GM and have the cruise activated.

Hope this helps. If have any more questions don't hesitate to send me a message!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Your first step is to get your VIN number and contact the dealership. You HAVE to do this because everything is electronic as far as the cruise control goes and certain cars got the cruise control module installed. If the dealer comes back and says that there isn't a module installed for the cruise, there will be no possible way to add it.
On the flip side, if it does have the module installed it makes the process of adding it way easier than adding cruise on older cars. Because it's a module that will be already installed in the vehicle all you will have to do is purchase a steering wheel with the controls installed in it and install that. If you can that part yourself if you'd like, but in the end you have to take it to the dealer no matter what so they can contact GM and have the cruise activated.

Hope this helps. If have any more questions don't hesitate to send me a message!
Thank you! I'll have to look into that!

·
Super Moderator
5,228 Posts
you can get a stalk type cruise control that doesn't require any dealer reprogramming.

250-9614 2012-2015 Chevy Cruze Complete Cruise Control Manual transmission - The Cruise Control Store

plugs into the DBW input at the accelerator.

Researched them when I was considering a 2 -point-slow Jetta. Look pretty decent.
This is the one I had installed on my 2011 LS manual with no cruise control. worked fine. The only thing I may see as a problem is trying to use "Select a Tune (if you are tuned) with this CC.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.