Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a base model cruze so obviously there are plugs on the steering wheel where volume controls and stuff would go, from my experience with other cars if it doesn't have the option it may still have the wiring for it this being said how hard would it be (if possible at all) to find and put in the steering wheel and cruise controls?

·
Super Moderator
6,400 Posts
There are issues with doing this with a Gen I so I would assume the same is true for the GenII. But that doesn't mean you can't be the first. It will take some research and some tenative disassembly to verify whats in there. I would suggest to pick one function and see if it is possible so you don't get overwhelmed at first. I think the cruise control would be the most difficult.

If you are near a pick n pull / LKQ yard I would explore a wrecked Cruze first and maybe salvage some harnesses. Spend a day and pull a steering column and match it to a digram you can get for free from a public library database or maybe a friendly parts man at a dealership.

Spend a bit of time researching on the internet and also look at Gen I tutorials for ideas and also other Chevy models forums to see what you might find.

Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Blasirl
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing