Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple questions that I have not been able to answer while looking through the forums.

I recently purchased These Chevy Cruze car LED Limunous Acrylic Door Handle Cover Bowl's
4pcs 2009 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Car LED Luminous Acrylic Door Handle Cover Bowl | eBay . And i want to wire them in so they are on pretty much all the time, minus when the vehicle is obviously just sitting there. Can anyone recommend something specific to tap into while wiring these puppies up? I'd like it to be something that is already in the door, because from what I can tell (and it will be in a later question) it is almost impossible to get a wire from inside the door, to inside the vehicle inconspicuously.

I recently wired my vehicle up with exterior under-body LED Lights, and although it is illegal to have them on while driving around; I would like to wire the external lights so they turn on whenever i unlock/lock the vehicle using the Key FOB. Is there anything specific that i can tap into to make this happen? And where might I find it?

As i mentioned earlier this question would pop up as well; when wiring something from inside the door, and trying to bring the wire inside the actual vehicle, how can i inconspicuiously do this? I can't think of what the connector is called but it is the black rubber hose with all the door wires that leads into the vehicle, but there doesn't seem to be a way to introduce additional wires through it. (I know i can't explain it very well, I am very new to this stuff)

Appreciate any help that I can get!

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
I have a couple questions that I have not been able to answer while looking through the forums.

I recently purchased These Chevy Cruze car LED Limunous Acrylic Door Handle Cover Bowl's
4pcs 2009 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Car LED Luminous Acrylic Door Handle Cover Bowl | eBay . And i want to wire them in so they are on pretty much all the time, minus when the vehicle is obviously just sitting there. Can anyone recommend something specific to tap into while wiring these puppies up? I'd like it to be something that is already in the door, because from what I can tell (and it will be in a later question) it is almost impossible to get a wire from inside the door, to inside the vehicle inconspicuously.
You might be able to use power from the lock lights or the power mirrors, but I'm not sure how much power they carry...
If you don't mind spending the extra time (a lot of extra time) you can run the wires through the existing "tube" which goes from the door to the cabin, and connect to the cig lighter.

I recently wired my vehicle up with exterior under-body LED Lights, and although it is illegal to have them on while driving around; I would like to wire the external lights so they turn on whenever i unlock/lock the vehicle using the Key FOB. Is there anything specific that i can tap into to make this happen? And where might I find it?
I'm not sure about this one, sorry

As i mentioned earlier this question would pop up as well; when wiring something from inside the door, and trying to bring the wire inside the actual vehicle, how can i inconspicuiously do this? I can't think of what the connector is called but it is the black rubber hose with all the door wires that leads into the vehicle, but there doesn't seem to be a way to introduce additional wires through it. (I know i can't explain it very well, I am very new to this stuff)

Appreciate any help that I can get!
You can get wires in there, but it is a tight fit, and you need to use something small, but firm to guide the wire through. Like a skinny, long screwdriver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might be able to use power from the lock lights or the power mirrors, but I'm not sure how much power they carry...
If you don't mind spending the extra time (a lot of extra time) you can run the wires through the existing "tube" which goes from the door to the cabin, and connect to the cig lighter.
Thanks, didn't think about those I will definitely check to see how those work out when I receive the product. I'll check to see how much power they put out and reply on here so others may know, last resort will be the cig lighter.

You can get wires in there, but it is a tight fit, and you need to use something small, but firm to guide the wire through. Like a skinny, long screwdriver.
Thanks for that as well, do you know what that specific item/area is called so I can find video/photos of it maybe? Or if you know where I can see some things like that? I'll be giving it a try later on.

I still haven't thought of anything as far as linking the lights in with the lock/unlock feature. :-\

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Thanks for that as well, do you know what that specific item/area is called so I can find video/photos of it maybe? Or if you know where I can see some things like that? I'll be giving it a try later on.
I don't, sorry.

I still haven't thought of anything as far as linking the lights in with the lock/unlock feature. :-\
So, I was thinking about this, and I don't think you can do it, unless you wire in a manual switch to turn the lights off, while the car is rolling

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, I was thinking about this, and I don't think you can do it, unless you wire in a manual switch to turn the lights off, while the car is rolling
I was thinking about that as well (I assume you were thinking about it because anything that i wire the lights into would always be on whenever the headlights or anything else was on??) But at the same time, what stops the lights from being on during the day, and what causes all of the lights to turn on only when the key fob is activated in some way? This one is a tricky one and I can't imagine wiring it in will be any easier.

I already have a switch that keeps the lights off because they're always plugged into the fuse box.

·
Registered
114 Posts
First wires I would check would be for the hazards. It might be them that flash when the car is locked or unlocked. Probably a slight long shot but easy enough to test.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts