Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I wonder if anyone know how to adjust the auto dimming of the dash when it gets dark outside. Right now it's way to sensitive. It goes crazy right about sunset and starts dimming down and up all the time.

I also use my fog lights as DRL and when it's day outside the car automatically turns of the lowbeam if i turn on my fogs, since it's illegal to use both where i'm from. But as soon as the sun goes down the car dims the dash and also turns on my lowbeam together with my fogs, so i keep flashing oncoming traffic without even knowing it myself sometimes.
Does someone know if i can reprogram the light schedule so when it starts getting dark outside and i use my fogs, the car automatically turn of the fogs and use only the lowbeam instead of both?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I noticed on mine after they did the software update to fix the climate control sensor being crazy in the sun it made the headlights wait until real dark before turning on. Sometimes it is dusk and should have the lights on but they stay off. I have not had the lights flash anymore. They come on and don't go off until I park unless I am in a parking garage or tunnel then they go off back in the sun. Maybe have the dealer check the software of that sensor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine will be having a software update for the ECU to cure some hiccups and stutters from the engine at the next service appointment. I've talked to my mechanic and all he said were "turn the light knob from "auto" to half beam". That's all i got! It doesen't really solve my problem with the dash :question:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.