Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know what the official way is to adjust the hood. specifically I would like to close the gap above the grill and chevy emblem.

comparing my pictures to some stock cruze photos my hood looks like it has a bigger gap than most and I am wondering if this contributes to my high silicon reading on my oil analysis.

figure it couldn't hurt to close the gap a little and was wondering if there is an official way to adjust it when it is closed.

is it just a matter of adjusting the bump stops? or do I have to mess with the latch?

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Using the photo from your sig......the gap looks normal.

The lighter the color, the more pronounced door gaps, hood gaps, decklid gaps will appear.

The photo shows even gaps above the headlamps and where the hood and two bumper upright pieces are.

The silicon readings wouldn't change if the hood was even removed.....the crankcase is essentially sealed.....the only air getting to the engine internally is through the air filter and I assume yours is stock.

As long as the leading edge rubber seals are making contact (not hard contact) with corresponding panels I recommend leaving the adjustments alone.

Rob

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I took another look at the hood when I got of work and I think you are correct. The main problem with the silicon was that the intake plumbing wasn't on correctly at the throttle body. The dealer didn't put it back correctly cause I guess they looked at it trying to sell me a throttle body cleaning. So I think that was main problem with the silicon.

I actually measured it and it isn't as big as it looks. So you are probably right about the color.

Thanks for the response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts