Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Advice on Strut Bars

9803 Views 20 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  anthonysmith93
What's up fellow Cruzers, I need some advice on some front and rear strut bars. I have a 2014 2lt auto STOCK, and came upon bad news racing from a fellow member.

My question is, are these worth the price and effort? and If I do install these, is there anything I need to replace or also install to make this mod worth it?

Thanks in advance and any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Welcome to Bad News Racing
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I see Ultra Racing has the following for 2008-Cruze

Side chassis bar- £ 85.38
Front lower brace- £ 133.67
Mid lower brace- £125.04
Rear Lower brace-
£ 81.92
Rear Lower brace-
£145.74
Front Strut Brace- £ 145.74
Rear Strut Brace-
£ 81.92

So which of these are must haves? if not all?

any suggestions or feedback are accepted and appreciated!

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just ordered the front & rear top strut tower braces. I'll let you know how much affect it has when I put them on this weekend. IMO the only other ones I would get is the rear lower one because of the ground clearance it less than what it is now & unless you plan on racing for real real then the tops are good enough. here is a link to some that are sold here in USA. Those prices are in LBs too^

cruze bars in Suspension & Steering | eBay
Thanks for the info! and I don't know about e-bay parts =/ in terms of quality

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would skip the upper strut bar. the way most are made they just attack to the top strut bolt so no good. you can pay a racing shot about the same to custom weld one to the top of the strut towers and run the aluminum bar. better results
I agree on some ebay crap but if you take time & look they sell exactly what I bought same brand. BNR that I bought them from was cheaper than ebay. The only thing BNR don't sell is the full undercarriage brace only the rear bottom. Like I stated if you don't mind losing ground clearance go for it & do you need all that bracing for a daily driver I don't think so. IMO
I see yall's point, this is a daily driver, not a race car by any means lol, ok, so if all I care about is a smooth ride, better handling and steering, then which ones?

I know I keep asking the same questions lol but I really want a smooth ride and be able to attack some curves without hesitation. smooth ride with smooth handling and steering

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.