Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Advice on Strut Bars

9803 Views 20 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  anthonysmith93
What's up fellow Cruzers, I need some advice on some front and rear strut bars. I have a 2014 2lt auto STOCK, and came upon bad news racing from a fellow member.

My question is, are these worth the price and effort? and If I do install these, is there anything I need to replace or also install to make this mod worth it?

Thanks in advance and any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Welcome to Bad News Racing
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,000 Posts
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/12-w...3228-ultra-racing-front-strut-bar-review.html

I think for a daily driver the front upper strut bar is gonna be the most beneficial, tightening up the steering but not really making your ride uncomfortable. I can't personally speak for this but I know there are many members here who have had ALL or some of the other braces/bars installed and many of them speak of them scraping the ground, rusting, being too tight for bumpy city roads, etc..

I've also read that only installing rear bars can hurt the steering some, so I'd start with the upper front bar for that reason, it seems overall the most beneficial for a daily driver.

All you other guys feel free to chip in!

· Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Anybody know the size of the bolt on the front towers? I think my socket set stops at 7/8" which I think is going to be too small.
I took mine apart and I know it was a mm size, but I can't remember if it was 24 26 or 28 mm but it was some crazy big size like that. And I had the hardest time getting them tightened back down without holding that bolt in the middle, had to buy an entire pass thru socket set (just for the 1 size socket, nowhere around me sold it alone) and a set of star hex keys so I could hold the hex key in the stud and pull the opposite way of the socket wrench when tightening.......good luck lmao

· Premium Member
1,000 Posts
well that's a pain in the ass... is that what everyone has had to do? I think I found a 24mm on amazon for 10 bucks but it's not a pass through. Wondering if I can fit a star hex through it if it's not attached to the wrench. ugh. I'm embarrassed that I might need to ask the shop to install it for me next time I need an oil change... but it would honestly be more cost effective if I need to buy a whole **** set.
The job itself really isn't hard, it's just sourcing the tools that can be difficult....The pass thru set I found was available IN my home depot store, and the guy said as long as the tools weren't damaged and they were all there I could return the set after using it haha, so that's what I did....saved myself 80$. and the only star hex tools long enough I could find were at an auto shop for like 7-10$ so I kept those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.