Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Moved this to its own post. @CHVY89, You mention a few different things that are not clear. What do you mean by "regen light"? Is it the one I show a picture of in this thread:

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/201-gen1-diesel-technical-discussion/182210-its-finally-my-turn.html

Are you talking about the yellow light on the speedometer, right under 70 MPH marking? If so, that has nothing to do with a regen. That light indicates that the sensors have determined that your DEF is bad. I am dealing with this on my car too. It could be a number of things, including bad DEF, a bad DEF injector or bad NOx sensors.

Have you had your car in for the NOx sensor recall?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
We have a 14 Cruze TD. 57k miles
Bought it new.has been in the shop for two weeks now with poor quality exhaust fluid light. They have changed several sensors and the converter. Had the o2 sensor changed over a year ago, fixed the problem for awhile. Then replaced the unit inside the def tank. Every year when it gets cold out the message comes on and off periodically. My wife really likes the car,
But definitely has some quality issues. Dealer seems to be working had to fix it but haven't figured it out yet. We have a 14 duramax and so far no def issues.
Not sure what the difference is.
Did the dealer do proper diagnosis? Throwing sensors/parts at it is NOT the way to go. Most likely cause is the DEF reductant tank reservoir heater .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts