Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey Guys
I have a 2014 Chevy cruze Diesel with 63k bought it may of 2015 with 83 miles on it . My check engine light came on and i took to the auto parts store and said they couldn't get a reading. took it to Chevy dealer and they said is was my o2 sensor. i said ok i will fix it i have ordered the part and just received it but the computer in my car is telling me that my def system needs to be serviced. with my regin light on. and i have 50 more miles until it goes in to derate mode and the car will not go above 65 mph hour.
so my question is will it hurt my car if it goes into derate mode? I plan on changing the o2 sensor myself and then taking it to dealer and letting them force regin it, considering they said that the computer will not allow the car to regin when check engine light is on and considering that the fact that its a 02 sensor is bad. i just dont want to get beat over the head wiht charges at the dealer ship if i can wait unitl Monday or Tuesday for them to force regin it if thats what needs to be done
Have you add DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) recently? It might be low. The CEL and DEF light might not be related. Just a thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts