Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,132 Posts
The speed limitation mode won't hurt the car--just annoy you, and incrementally limit you further until you're stuck at like 5mph. It's there to prevent driving with faulty emissions without addressing them. The car could run fine forever with most emissions issues un-repaired.

Your O2 code and DEF warning are unrelated, since those systems don't influence one another, but sometimes dealers who don't know what they're doing read a NOX code and mistake it for an O2 sensor, and a NOX code could be related to your DEF issue. Some parts catalogs even list the NOX sensors as O2 sensors instead. Do you happen to know the actual code or codes that are set right now? That would help us guide you better with this.

If it is, in fact, an O2 code, like P0133, it's possible it only needs to be cleaned. I have had the P0133 code twice. The first time, the sensor did require replacement, and the dealer did so under warranty. The second time, I was out of warranty, so I pulled the sensor and cleaned it before ordering a new one. I've gone 4000 miles since without a return appearance of the code.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts