Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking into a unit to monitor things that my DIC don't. Like transmission temp, boost, G-force, oil pressure & temp, Etc.... If anyone has suggestions please chime in. I seen some pricey units like the Insight CTS2 - 84130 & cheaper units like ultragauge.
What I'm really looking for is not to big not to small & not Bluetooth with my phone. 4-5 inch max size. Not one that has a tune into it either. I'm pressing on the insight cts2. Here is a quick video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_bEgMfK0e4

anyone who has something like this in any vehicle & 1st hand knowledge of these kinds of units some advise would be thankful. :wub:

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I had a scanguageII, I would not recommend for the cruze as it at times would stop registering data on long drives. I currently have a bluetooth OBDII dongle and use the torque app on my nexus 7.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I bought a cd mount universal bracket, I use my old note3 with torque, and the bafx odb2 Bluetooth adapter. I love this setup it looks amazing, works great, and the cost wasn't much (25.00 bracket, 25.00 obd2 sensor, and 5.00 torque app)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a cd mount universal bracket, I use my old note3 with torque, and the bafx odb2 Bluetooth adapter. I love this setup it looks amazing, works great, and the cost wasn't much (25.00 bracket, 25.00 obd2 sensor, and 5.00 torque app)
View attachment 148810
View attachment 148818
View attachment 148826
Now I like that a lot. But I really didn't want to go Bluetooth & I don't have a older phone to do this. But it looks real good.
Question I wonder if the Bluetooth interfere with the factory Bluetooth?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Now I like that a lot. But I really didn't want to go Bluetooth & I don't have a older phone to do this. But it looks real good.
you can us any android device to Bluetooth to the obd2 sensor. Make sure you don't buy the cheap crappy obd2 sensor or you might have issues with it connecting and doing its job. I have turned off my networking and wifi on my note 3 and use it only for the torque pro app. I then Bluetooth my note 4 to my factory radio and have yet to run into any kind of problems with them communicating

·
Registered
110 Posts
Blue tooth can be connected to multiple devices at once ... for example my phone is connected to my watch 24/7 when i get in the car it then connects to my stereo and a 3rd party usb adapter to stream music all at the same time with no issue....also if you use a old device like they did that bluetooth will only be paired with that device and not your everyday phone.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump almost a year & I'm still thinking of something like this even more. Anyone chime in please if you have a good monitoring system info. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts