Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Easy enough install. Took me about 15 minutes. The instructions that came with the intake were crystal clear with pictures. It's a quality kit. The gun metal finish looks great. The hardest part of the install was running the edging around.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow, that looks perfect in there and you can really hear the Bypass/bov but I still can not hear the turbo spool. Is this your only modification?

·
Registered
239 Posts
psssshh^^ I MISS that

·
Registered
41 Posts
psssshh^^ I MISS that
While I do miss the WHOOOOSHHHHHHHH under hard acceleration, I do not miss having to turn up the radio every time I was on the expressway to cover the sounds of a central vacuum cleaner being used across the house coming from my glovebox. This 2nd gen, if I want turbo and BOV sounds I just roll down the window. The BOV on the standard is a bit dramatic with the pod filter, and the cabin sound deadening in the hatch is impressive.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds great and looks great! Noticed any changes? MAF g/s flow increase? Change in intake temps? LTFT changes?

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds great and looks great! Noticed any changes? MAF g/s flow increase? Change in intake temps? LTFT changes?
It's noisy for sure, g/s are barely higher to the point of not being noticeably different, intake temps are higher when stopped but quickly return to lower when moving, my LTFT are slightly rich but my tune was adjusted and now are bang on.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What's the best way to clean the engine bay without damaging anything?
Simple Green and low water pressure.
Just pour and rinse?
Dilute, spray, agitate with a gentile brush, rinse with low water pressure.

I just got done installing mine, super glad the turbo noise doesn't fill the whole cabin while the windows are up like my k&n on the 1st gen.
Be sure to spray CRC 656 on the turbo center section to keep it from rusting.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The wife finally drove the Cruze the other day, called me on her cellphone telling me she wants to name the car Darth......due to the sound the intake makes! LOL She also said Darth accelerates better.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts