Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone im new to the forum hows every one doing... well here goes my question has anyone here gotten better fuel mileage from using the AEM 21-744C intake i know they improve fuel mileage i know this because installed one on my wife 2004 vw beetle 2.0 and acceleration was smoother and fuel consumption was less.. but seeing that my cruze is a 1.4L and having turbo i wanted to ask the forum what thier take is on installing this kit.. im not a lead footed speed demon most of the time i just drive chill any help is greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
110 Posts
i have it on my car and cant say i really noticed a difference. i bought it mostly for the sound. you can hear the bypass valve when you let off the gas and you can hear the turbo spool up. that said you might get worse gas mileage if your constantly on and off the gas to make the "whooosh" sound. But in general, anything that makes it easier for the engine to run more efficient(intake, high flow exhaust, underdrive pulley ect.) "should" give you a little better gas mileage.

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
It's a novelty item that is purely for the fun of hearing your intake noises (turbo spool and BPV).

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I noticed about a 4 mpg fuel mileage increase when I installed the Injen setup on my old Cruze Eco 6MT... can't say whether or not you'll see the same results with the AEM. Cold air setup should give more power, warm air (a.k.a. short ram) should give better economy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts