Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I orderd the aem cold air inatke because i liked that it goes all the way to the turbo housing vs the k&n that utilizes the existing tubing. Its been three weeks since i ordered the aem and im starting to get agitated since i still dont know when ill get it. So im thinking about just getting the k&n now. I know the k&n is favored here and just wondering if im missing something and should have gone with the k&n to begin with. What do you guys think...

side note... Doing my trifecta tune tonight, do i need to gap my spark plugs right away or is it ok if i do it later?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The AEM has a non-oiled filter so there should be no risk of oil contamination of the MAF sensor.
Yea that was a concern pointed out to me so i know if i go with k&n to buy a different filter but i was wondering if the k&n was better or it just doesnt matter?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Have you ever checked out the ZZP Intake?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been running AEM for about a month and am pretty satisfied with it.
It was easy to install (like all CAI/SRI) and is definitely noticeable.

I didn't go with the K&N because the AEM is less expensive and is actually owned by K&N.
Good luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey everyone,

I orderd the aem cold air inatke because i liked that it goes all the way to the turbo housing vs the k&n that utilizes the existing tubing. Its been three weeks since i ordered the aem and im starting to get agitated since i still dont know when ill get it. So im thinking about just getting the k&n now. I know the k&n is favored here and just wondering if im missing something and should have gone with the k&n to begin with. What do you guys think...

side note... Doing my trifecta tune tonight, do i need to gap my spark plugs right away or is it ok if i do it later?
I might be to late to give you some advice, but I agree with mcwilly14. The ZZP High Flow Air Intake is awesome for our cars. I know they are cheaper than the K&N as well. The ZZP also replaces all the way up to the turbo housing like you mentioned on that the AEM does. I highly recommend the ZZP High Flow Air Intake for the 1.4L cars. And for your side note, I would ask Trifecta where to gap your plugs at. They are doing your tuning for you so you want to make sure you and them are on the same page.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts