Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey where are you guys putting the o2 sensor that comes with the gauge. I have decided to up grade my gauges and install the aem boost gauge and the afr gauge. just was not sure where to put the 02 sensor. the paper work says within 18" or if turbo charge running high boost put it 36" away...that don't sound right. i have always put it just a few inches down the 02 housing

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have cat's but no and thats why i am questioning this

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
A high boost application can generate exhaust gasses hot enough to burn the sensor if it's too close to the turbo.

Generally 12-18 inches is fine. A cruze isn't going to make enough psi/heat to hurt the sensor.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
hey guys, is the a/f gauge an easy install... scale 1 to 10... 10 being must go to a professional.... and 1 being something a toddler could do

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
hey guys, is the a/f gauge an easy install... scale 1 to 10... 10 being must go to a professional.... and 1 being something a toddler could do
It requires you to weld a bung into the exhaust for the extra o2 sensor.

If you're wiring the auxillary output to the ECU (not sure if anyone has done this with a cruze, but it is amazing for logging) it can further complicate things if you don't know what you're looking for.

Overall if you have a welder and moderate ability with a soldering iron and moderate knowledge of vehicle electronics, you'll be fine. I'd call it a 6/10.

BTW Glowshift is making great widebands for cheap these days. They went through a period of very poor products, but they're under new ownership now and the new stuff has been great for a very good price.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i agree 6/10. if you dont have a welder it is still just as easy to get the o2 housing off and to a shop that has one!
i have glow shift gauges now and i like them and they were very cheap. but i am replacing them with the aem boost and arf. i love the look of the glow shift but my boost gauge is off when in vacuum. pcm says 17" gauge says 23". Who's right haha. looks like when in boost it is right on. but i would be lining if i said i was not just a little concerned about accuracy

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Anyone know which wire to use if ur using a narrow band a/f gauge it said i have one wire to connect to the sensor wire coming off my stock o2 sensor anyone know which one
Narrow band is pointless, it won't tell you anything. It's just a light that dances around in closed loop and then goes full rich on open loop. Useless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts