Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
A high boost application can generate exhaust gasses hot enough to burn the sensor if it's too close to the turbo.

Generally 12-18 inches is fine. A cruze isn't going to make enough psi/heat to hurt the sensor.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
hey guys, is the a/f gauge an easy install... scale 1 to 10... 10 being must go to a professional.... and 1 being something a toddler could do
It requires you to weld a bung into the exhaust for the extra o2 sensor.

If you're wiring the auxillary output to the ECU (not sure if anyone has done this with a cruze, but it is amazing for logging) it can further complicate things if you don't know what you're looking for.

Overall if you have a welder and moderate ability with a soldering iron and moderate knowledge of vehicle electronics, you'll be fine. I'd call it a 6/10.

BTW Glowshift is making great widebands for cheap these days. They went through a period of very poor products, but they're under new ownership now and the new stuff has been great for a very good price.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Anyone know which wire to use if ur using a narrow band a/f gauge it said i have one wire to connect to the sensor wire coming off my stock o2 sensor anyone know which one
Narrow band is pointless, it won't tell you anything. It's just a light that dances around in closed loop and then goes full rich on open loop. Useless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts