Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

aero mods and products availability

6140 Views 20 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  VictoryRedLTRS
Just wondering what fellow cruzers are using for aero mods when tracking there cars, and second I would like to get a list going of aero related parts whether there aftermarket or stock Eco aero parts on non Eco cars. Examples being under aero panels, carnards, chin splitters, carbon fiber GT series spoilers, ect. I plan on tracking my car for lapping and auto cross here in the near future once I can get some $$$ saved up. Please keep the r.i.c.e. and other negative comments out of the thread. Thanks
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Just wondering what fellow cruzers are using for aero mods when tracking there cars, and second I would like to get a list going of aero related parts whether there aftermarket or stock Eco aero parts on non Eco cars. Examples being under aero panels, carnards, chin splitters, carbon fiber GT series spoilers, ect. I plan on tracking my car for lapping and auto cross here in the near future once I can get some $$$ saved up. Please keep the r.i.c.e. and other negative comments out of the thread. Thanks
I Autocross my ECO these car are perfect for it even stock. What you wanna do it lower it summer performance tires and maybe some UR bars.

Sent from my Droid

· Premium Member
907 Posts
I got the black rubber/plastic aero part that goes under the front bumper on the front of the Eco's.. I tried to put it on my 12 LTZ and it doesn't seem to line up with the notches that are on the part that I am trying to attach.. any help??

· Resident Forum Drunkard
8,257 Posts
Fabricate your own notches . There are technologies available to allow you to bond the two parts together ie the Dam to the lower portion of the bumper !

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far my mod ideas are - under chassis braces ( I wanna buy all 3 sets...would that be to stiff?)- strut tower bars ( front & rear)- Eco light weight rims w/ summer performance tires- peddlers coil overs fully adjustable - under body aero belly pan....un mangled from re call- better brake pads ( any ideas? )- front carnards and chin spoiler - carbon fiber race spoiler ( mostly for looks....I love the race/track car look)- weight reduction mostly interior delete

· Resident Forum Drunkard
8,257 Posts
All of that for a daily driver ? No need to answer that , you must have plans to go all out with that build ! Good luck and best wishes , and do keep us updated on your progress .

· Premium Member
2,811 Posts
under chassis braces ( I wanna buy all 3 sets...would that be to stiff?)- strut tower bars ( front & rear)- Eco light weight rims w/ summer performance tires- peddlers coil overs fully adjustable - under body aero belly pan...
Sounds good. Underbody aero panels will work with three of the lower braces with a little modification to the front engine shield. You should check with another member who has lots of experience the the UR bars and tracking his car = Poje.

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts
When you autocross if your doing it with SCCA the more parts you add the harder th claas your in.

Sent from my Droid

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All of that for a daily driver ? No need to answer that , you must have plans to go all out with that build ! Good luck and best wishes , and do keep us updated on your progress .
Will do, I'm hoping to still have decent streetability with the car. Performance wise I'll probably only do k&n short RAM intake, zzp down pipe and mid pipe with a cherry bomb outlet and tip and terifica tune. Question for those running the mid pipe from zzp....what are you guys running from the rear axel back exhaust wise? Just wondering.

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Will do, I'm hoping to still have decent streetability with the car. Performance wise I'll probably only do k&n short RAM intake, zzp down pipe and mid pipe with a cherry bomb outlet and tip and terifica tune. Question for those running the mid pipe from zzp....what are you guys running from the rear axel back exhaust wise? Just wondering.
I have a custom midpipe back with an IMCO muffler

Sent from my Droid

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts
Right on, so you pretty much need a off the shelf muffler of ur choosing to finish the zzp mid pipe?
Yea if you want summit sales the mudflee I have

Sent from my Droid

· Premium Member
357 Posts
Cruze's don't really go fast enough to make any real use of Aero parts. Factory cars normally list down-force @ 200km/h (125mph). Cruze can barely even get to 200km/h and that's never going to happen on a track, let alone in the corners. Most track cars (KTM, Ariel etc) normally only generate about 25kg (40lb) of downforce @ 100km/h (60mph). On our big heavy Cruze that's nothing compared to car weight.
Also a large rear spoiler would be pointless as it's a FWD car.

In saying that I would LOVE to see how it looks. If it's done well you could have one awesome looking ride!

· Resident Derp
2,800 Posts
I would love it if you could contact a company, or fabricate a full under body rear diffuser[~Axle to bumper]. Preferably carbon, although then again that would get pretty expensive.

As for the wing, go with the trunk spoiler, a full sized/spec'd GT wing will look gawdy on our car. If you're dead-set on a wing of some kind, there are one or two out there in the Korean market that don't look half bad.

· Premium Member
4,978 Posts
So far my mod ideas are - under chassis braces ( I wanna buy all 3 sets...would that be to stiff?)- strut tower bars ( front & rear)- Eco light weight rims w/ summer performance tires- peddlers coil overs fully adjustable - under body aero belly pan....un mangled from re call- better brake pads ( any ideas? )- front carnards and chin spoiler - carbon fiber race spoiler ( mostly for looks....I love the race/track car look)- weight reduction mostly interior delete
You pretty much have everything covered here except for maybe some better tires. I'd skip the canards and gt wing. Or at least take those off before leaving the track. There's a wing that looks like the wrx wing which looks pretty nice from the back (don't like the side look though) if you're set on a big spoiler.

By the way, this is what I think when I read carnards...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Sedan

Lololol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll definetly keep u guys posted on future mods and the aero. I know the cruze will never be a true top speed monster but might as well look the part lol in my eyes I guess. I definetly need to get rid of the god awful RS rear bumper.....going base rear bumper with diffuser ASAP.

· Registered
170 Posts
I would love it if you could contact a company, or fabricate a full under body rear diffuser[~Axle to bumper]. Preferably carbon, although then again that would get pretty expensive.
That would be sweet!

As for the wing, go with the trunk spoiler, a full sized/spec'd GT wing will look gawdy on our car. If you're dead-set on a wing of some kind, there are one or two out there in the Korean market that don't look half bad.
This is the Korean one that actually looks pretty good:
Sequence Quantum Rear Trunk Wing Spoiler for 08 Holden Cruze 4DR | eBay

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.