Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an AFR gauge as it was recommended by BNR and am just waiting for it to get here in the mail. I did not realize that there was a bit of welding and stuff. Is there a way to do this without welding the bung? I may ask BNR after the storm passes about adding one to my DP when I order it. Suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
354 Posts
A local shop would throw in a bung for cheap

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A local shop would throw in a bung for cheap
The bung would be welded somewhere in the exhaust right? I have been debating on having a muffler delete done. Having the bung installed may give me more incentive to have my exhaust done. Also, does anyone have a suggest of where to have it installed? I only intend on getting a Downpipe from BNR, may a Midpipe eventually. So if I could, I want to avoid those so I do not have to have it done again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The bung would be welded somewhere in the exhaust right? I have been debating on having a muffler delete done. Having the bung installed may give me more incentive to have my exhaust done. Also, does anyone have a suggest of where to have it installed? I only intend on getting a Downpipe from BNR, may a Midpipe eventually. So if I could, I want to avoid those so I do not have to have it done again.
I'm pretty sure the BNR downpipe has an extra bung for that very purpose.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^^ that....BNR pipe (If its ever back in stock) has 2 bungs...one for your o2 sensor, the other for your AFR sensor.
Yea BNR is coming out with a V2 of the Gen 1 DP soon. I was told it was supposed to be out this week when I asked customer service. But with the storms it won't be for a couple weeks at least I am sure. I'm not mad though, that gives me time to save up for it. I have alerts whenever Jerry posts on Facebook so as soon as their available I will be notified. I will just wait until I get that to install the gauge.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Version 2 of the Gen 1 downpipe? What are they changing/improving on the downpipe?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
I installed mine right next to the factory Upstream O2 sensor. Drilled a hole with a step drill and tapped the bung in, Then welded around it. Welding really isn't hard it just takes practice and its a extremely useful skill to have if you're interested in modifying cars. You can pickup a decent MIG for a few hundred bucks. The entire AFR install probably took me about 2-3 hours

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Version 2 of the Gen 1 downpipe? What are they changing/improving on the downpipe?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
I thought I replied to you. My Bad! I am not sure what they are changing. Possibly just higher quality metal. Either way, it was supposed to be out soon but with the storms around BNR it may be a month. That's alright, I need to save more for it anyways.

I installed mine right next to the factory Upstream O2 sensor. Drilled a hole with a step drill and tapped the bung in, Then welded around it. Welding really isn't hard it just takes practice and its a extremely useful skill to have if you're interested in modifying cars. You can pickup a decent MIG for a few hundred bucks. The entire AFR install probably took me about 2-3 hours
I actually found out this one runs off the stock O2 sensor. It uses (I think he called it this) an alligator clamp? Either way, I got it in the mail the other day. Will probably read over the instructions this week and install it next weekend.

·
Vendor
990 Posts
BNR downpipe will be released ASAP, we've got 10 made and working on more to get stock up

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BNR downpipe will be released ASAP, we've got 10 made and working on more to get stock up
Awesome! If I can't get one this round I will definitely get one next. Waiting for the exact price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts