Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after 3 1/2 years and 91k miles, here is a quick share on my Cruze experience:

While my mileage is likely much higher than the average, I drove between Texas and Virginia multiple times a year to visit family...hence my mileage. And I just finished my cross country trip from Virginia to Washington State. By far, this is the best car I have ever owned. It is also the one I have put the most mileage on. Below I have listed my PROs and CONs through 90k miles:

2014 Cruze LT 6 spd manual; leather, sunroof, RS package
Purchase Price: 21.9k

PROs:
-Dependability: Never once was stranded
-Economical: I have averaged about 35mpg city driving in Texas and 40mpg highway driving (I find that is changing in Washington...simply too much traffic). Best tank I ever had was 43mpg calculated (not on the dash as it is off by about +1.5mpg)
-Space: In a somewhat small car, after laying the seats down I have fit an amazing amount of stuff in her. Not to mention 8' 2x4's from time to time
-Feel: I always have felt my car to be sporty...even though to others it is not so much. That is fine.
-Leather has held up great...I have cared for it properly with cleaning/conditioning

UPGRADES:
-3M top end window tint: Highly recommend. Has never faded (which it cannot) and had a lifetime warranty.
-Nothing to comment here...makes the car look completely different than stock. It has saved a ton of heat and wear and tear on the interior.
-Eibach Pro Kit
-Love the kit...but I get on the bump stops way more frequently than my past Eibach kits. Drive and feel is exactly what I would expect
-Lighting
-When I hit about 85k, I upgraded all my front lighting (headlights, fogs, turn signals) since my fogs were shot due to the damage and the headlights were running out of steam. I found great kits from SuperBrightLEDs.com. Glad to see the headlights have lifetime warranties from SBL.

CONs:
-I have had the value cover PCV go bad. Chevy dealer replaced it under warranty. They did a poor job since I developed an oil leak 3 months later. Took it back in...they said it was only from the previous oil change and cleaned it up. I knew better and waited a couple of weeks for it to leak more and took it back. This time I demanded they replace the valve cover gasket which they did and have not had an issue since
-RF fog light stopped working and was replaced under warranty
-Blue Tooth Integration has never been the best. I have come to live with its short comings. I am quite sure it is better on the Gen2. Blue Tooth as a technology has always been challenging to get to work across all product makes/models of devices.
-Fog Light assemblies did not survive. I cannot necessarily blame them. One was impacted by a semi tire tread and the other with a loose 2x4 on the interstate. The left side I was able to remove and do bench repair to. The right side, the screw post was sheered from the bumper. However I was able to repair this as well with my own means.

I recently moved to Washington State and am now holding my water before I purchase a new Cruze. I was somewhat interested in the hatch, but the prices are crazy. So back to the sedan. Unfortunately they do not make my package any more (manual tranny, leather, RS, sunroof.). I will have to buy without the leather and sunroof. Got to have a manual tranny. After purchase, I plan to put in leather and will have to live without the sunroof I suppose.

Love the car...look forward to my new one and someone is gonna get a great second hand Cruze in great condition for its mileage.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts