Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this but I don't know jack about cars. I'm trying to find an aftermarket auto dim mirror with home link for a2017 chevy cruze but i don't know what kind of rearview mount is in a Cruze. Also can you replace a regular mirror with an auto dim or do you have to have auto dim in the first place?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for clueless questions.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Somebody wrote up his installation here.

You can find used autodim/homelink mirrors in the yards for $25-50, but I don't know which ones fit the existing pad on the windshield.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
You will need to add wiring if you do not already have auto-dim.
Good point. Just went through that with a friend yesterday.
He wants homelink in his Sentra but it doesn't have autodim and he doesn't want to run wires in the headliner to bring power up to the mirror. So we're not going to do it.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,374 Posts
Good point. Just went through that with a friend yesterday.
He wants homelink in his Sentra but it doesn't have autodim and he doesn't want to run wires in the headliner to bring power up to the mirror. So we're not going to do it.
Running a hot lead to the mirror is pretty easy compared to actually hooking it up to the stock harness. As far as the ground, just ground it up there at the mirror to the body.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I have the wiring harness and all that. I don't mind having them run wires along the roof and down to where they need to go. After living with auto dim in my cars for so long, those headlights are bright! I am surprised a Premier doesn't have this feature standard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.