Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get an aftermarket exhaust for my 2014 cruze LT. Im looking at the trubendz cat-back and the magnaflow cat-back. Which one would be louder and still sound good? I don't want to be a super loud ricer but i still want it to be decently loud when I get on it and not sound like crap.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,887 Posts
They'd likely be somewhat similar. The Trubendz/Mandrel Exhaust Systems has a Magnaflow muffler. I'd say without a doubt looking at the two, you'll get more performance out of the TB/MES one compared to the Magnaflow, for half the cost (even if you option for stainless). The Trubenz/MES uses a straight-through muffler right after the downpipe, whereas the Magnaflow catback uses a muffler with the inlet and the outlet on the same side (so figure, the exhaust needs to make a 180 degree turn).

That said - the TB/MES exhaust will probably be louder - but with the turbo on the car, that'll mellow out much, if not all of the rasp which one would associate with a "ricy" exhaust.

Somewhat related - I have a 2.25" MES downpipe for my Cavalier, and it is built very, very well, and fit great. I've been going back and forth on the idea of getting their catback for the car as that car needs any extra power it can get.

Reactions: Sklyn and mattH1297

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,113 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Trubendz catback straight exhaust. You can listen to it on my YouTube channel. Just uploaded some new videos today. I love the sound of it. Relatively deep for such a small motor.
https://youtu.be/SB8dRNH1uyo
https://youtu.be/fVQb4q5ar3U

Both were right after starting it up, hence the high idle but you can hear the turbo pretty well even tho the downpipe is factory and the second cat is still there as well.

Im looking to get an aftermarket exhaust for my 2014 cruze LT. Im looking at the trubendz cat-back and the magnaflow cat-back. Which one would be louder and still sound good? I don't want to be a super loud ricer but i still want it to be decently loud when I get on it and not sound like crap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts