Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A lot of you have been asking me where I got my headlights from. Well, I got them back in December 2013 from a seller on eBay called K2motors, based in CA. A month after I purchased them, the passenger side headlamp began to get condensation inside the housing. They sent me a replacement free of charge without having to return the old one (not that I’d need it anyway). Fast forward to Saturday and suddenly the driver’s side is affected too. The condensation is much worse and I go into instant panic attack mode. I frantically emailed their customer service and ask for a link to buy just the driver’s side since I’m off warranty. They tell me that they can’t send just one but can offer me a discount on both. I call their customer service early this morning and am told that they can discount them to $252. I was shocked because they’re only $236 on eBay. After speaking with the manager they agreed to send me another replacement free of charge with the stipulation that I return the defective one this time. I did not argue or even raise my voice once. They truly care about my business since I also bought my running lights from them as well. They’re sending it and it should be here Friday and I will have it, as well as my chrome accents, installed Saturday. Kudos to K2motors!!

I will keep you all updated as time will only tell what happens next.

The passenger headlight filled with condensation - replaced.

The driver headlight with much worse condensation - awaiting replacement

I was not compensated in any way for my favorable mentioning of K2motors.
Mods, if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it for me.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Did you try using additional sealant? Condensation is normal as the headlights acclimate but they shouldn't be that bad. My suggestion is to get a hair dryer and remove the condensation. Then add sealant around the edges.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shop that installed them basically did just that and was able to save the passenger light (which is in its box under my bed in pristine condition) and I haven't had any problems since. I'm going to make sure I ask the shop to seal the new lamp up really well to prevent this in the future.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Like GN stated, add extra sealan around all factory sealed locations and any they may have missed, then drop a desiccant bag or two in between the bowls and housing and be done with it. No need to worry about condensation. **** it's a common problem on some of the b6 audis.

Delivered from my pigeon

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
This is why I have never done a retrofit or purchased aftermarket HL. I hate the condensation
Retrofit is much different - you control the sealing process and you know the exact product you used to seal it. 9/10 these aftermarket one use a much cheaper sealant and many of them suggest adding adding sealant when installing.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: The package with the headlight came in on Monday. It seemed a little too large for just one headlamp. I open it up and inside are BOTH DRIVER AND PASSENGER headlamps. I took it to my car shops of choice yesterday and just had them swap out both for s**ts and giggles. I am REALLY happy now. The high beams are no longer ****-eyed (the old ones were horrendously misaligned - plus they're not adjustable) and the low beams make a nicely straight line for cutoff and I can see much better at night now! The actual LED strip is bluer than the last set but I don't mind because they're BRIGHT by themselves.

I also had my door sill plates, door handle covers, and door molding trim installed, too. Pictures of that to come in my build thread.

For now, enjoy this shot I got at the gas station late last night.

Reactions: iTz SADISTIK

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
If I recall correctly 3m makes a great tape for re sealing headlights ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I recall correctly 3m makes a great tape for re sealing headlights ;)
I think that's what they used when they sealed it! That or silicone. Lol I made sure those f**kers weren't gonna look like the first two pictures EVER again.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Solution is very simple, when you first turn them on, never turn them off. Turning them off is the problem, very hot on the inside expanding the gas that expels the air. When you turn them off, this is when the problem occurs, insides cool down and draw in moisture.

Apparently quite a bit in yours. Or move out to the dessert where the RH is around 0%.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Solution is very simple, when you first turn them on, never turn them off. Turning them off is the problem, very hot on the inside expanding the gas that expels the air. When you turn them off, this is when the problem occurs, insides cool down and draw in moisture.

Apparently quite a bit in yours. Or move out to the dessert where the RH is around 0%.
Florida is not very kind when it comes to RH. At least over 85% at ANY time of the day. All well, the new ones are holding up well after car washes (which was when the condensation would start to form) so I'm happy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.