Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into purchasing some aftermarket headlights for my 2015 Cruze 1.4LT/RS. For reference, I was specifically looking at VIPMotoz Infinity Black Projector Headlights (sorry, it appears I can't like because newb). It's a personal preference that I know not everyone shares, but I really like the look of the halo and the optic light tubes.

Of course, I didn't want to jump in headfirst without knowing what I was getting myself in to, so I contacted my trusted bodyshop guy and inquired about quality, functionality and ease of installation. He said that he has worked on Cruze's before from owners who had purchased aftermarket headlights such as these. He reported the following: They are a major pain to install due the wiring for the halo rings and the optic light tubes (which are, of course, not plug-and-play); due to their design, the output will not match that of my standard lights, which currently have Phillips 9008/H13 CrystalVision Ultra bulbs; and that the halo rings and optic light tubes in these tend to be faulty and burn out quickly.

After speaking with him, I called VIPMotoz to further inquire before writing off the idea completely. They wouldn't admit to any of the faults listed above (except that the halo rings and optic light tubes due require further wiring), but unbelievably did admit that the lights will frequently fog up due to humidity, rain, snow or most inclement weather. In my mind, this tends to re-affirm the faulty/burn out point raised by my guy.

I'm kind of at a loss, and my questions are as follows:

- Has anyone that has installed aftermarket headlights experienced the above-stated issues?
- I'm open to suggestions of other headlight brands/styles if anyone has had a positive experience and would recommend them
- are there any wiring harnesses available that would allow for easy wiring of the halos and other non-plug-and-play wiring?

As always, thanks in advance to anyone that can provide some guidance.

·
Vendor
950 Posts
Hi there,

The technical problems you have described are not going to happen if you have quality headlights. We sell a lot of aftermarket headlights available for the 2015 Cruze, and carry one option that comes equipped with the U-bars. Here is the link to check it out. Technically, those U-bars operate close to the way halos do, and there is no problem with the accessory lighting other than you have to wire it up the right way.
We do not have the lights that you have mentioned in our inventory, so I cannot really speak of the problems related to those specific headlights (VIPMotoz Infinity Black Projector Headlights).
As for the moisture, you can always seal your aftermarket lights with silicone prior to installation.
Below is the link to view the whole selection of aftermarket headlights we carry for your Cruze.
2015 Chevy Cruze headlights at CARiD

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for the thorough reply. I had the same thought regarding the silicon after posting, and plan to utilize this for any application. Thank you for providing the links as well--you have some options available that I did not see when making my initial selection, which may be even better suited for my application.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts