Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 2014 ls and am getting an aftermarket radio this week. Im looking at https://www.crutchfield.com/S-WW0ni8AInPg/p_113DDX774B/Kenwood-DDX774BH.html
I've heard people lose their top information display. I'd like to retain mine and keep steering wheel controls for volume and voice. Should i have a problem or is there a harness i should get?
crutch suggests PAC RP5-GM41

let me know thank you!

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
If you remove the radio, you will lose the display. Short of replacing with a aftermarket display, I don't think there's a workaround.

That's why a number of people settle for adding amps and speakers.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
If I remember correctly crutchfields usually gives advice and installation instructions .. also check and see if they still offer packages that include the interfaces necessary with the HU purchase ...

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you !!! yes dont have mylink just the standard radio

·
Registered
689 Posts
Could you please tell a bit more about your set up for getting that screen to work?
Is that the factory color screen in use along side an aftermarket radio? Yes
Did you lose any features at all using that? Not at all
What exact part do you have to run the screen in that "mode"? That's the set main screen with OEM screen part of it.
It looks like an interface providing that appearanceOEM needed to stay part of system in order for the new system to work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Cruze has MyLink and I am looking to get a new Pioneer system.

As I understand from this thread, Axxess GMOS045 + ASWC-1 can help me retain all Settings, Chimes, Steering wheel controls plus the MyLink screen as well.

The question is then what all this MyLink can be used for??? The Aux, USB ports, Radio antenna would already have been taken up by the new Head Unit.

Please explain. Would also be helpful if somebody could share some snapshots of such setup.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
Hi i have a 2014 ls and am getting an aftermarket radio this week. Im looking at https://www.crutchfield.com/S-WW0ni8AInPg/p_113DDX774B/Kenwood-DDX774BH.html
I've heard people lose their top information display. I'd like to retain mine and keep steering wheel controls for volume and voice. Should i have a problem or is there a harness i should get?
crutch suggests PAC RP5-GM41

let me know thank you!

You could use this kit to do both, replace your radio and keep the green screen. This is just one of many out there, this just happened to be the first one I ran into today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts