Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a 2012 Cruze and had an aftermarket remote start put in her car by a family friend. Im not sure of the brand, ill try and find to for you all. When she goes to start the car it turns on everything BUT the engine. Not sure if its a security issue with the car but Im assuming its wired in the wrong spot. I'm not familiar with these vehicles so I'm hoping someone here has a better idea and hopefully an answer. thank you for your time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha yeah i kinda figured. Was trying to see if someone could tell me what the problem was though. Im assuming it was wired into the wrong spot

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Not without a ton more of detail.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Truth be told, you likely won't get much more than conjecture from the forum......just too many outfits making add on remote start systems.

If it worked before, but not now, there is not a wire installed at the wrong point.
Gonna have to get it back to the outfit that did the install.

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The Cruze is a strange enough beast that I'm sure some remote starters simply won't work with it. I'd stick to designs that specifically promise they'll work on the Cruze. One would hope they'd have detailed enough instructions to have a successful install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No it never started after installation. It was also installed by a guy who does it for a living lol. Sorry I can't offer much detail wise I'm a few hours away from her

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
No it never started after installation. It was also installed by a guy who does it for a living lol. Sorry I can't offer much detail wise I'm a few hours away from her

If it never worked after it was installed, why didn't you take it back to have it checked out?

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,118 Posts
Have him either fix it or remove it and having said that make sure he knows you will come back for further service if you get gremlins after the removal.

If it never worked after it was installed, why didn't you take it back to have it checked out?
Does this need to be echoed? :p
My question to you two is if it never started after installation, how did it get home and then ...(wait for it)... how would it get back? Tow truck??? <GRIN>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts