Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
cruze wreck 2.jpg Cruze wreck 3.jpg cruze wreck.jpg Well, I got nailed in traffic Saturday by some bozo who decided that the speed limit wasn't fast enough for him. He was tailgating me in heavy traffic, and as soon as a spot opened up next to me he flew into that lane, and tried to gun his way in front of me, but ended up ramming me instead. He was driving a BRAND NEW Silverado, and tore it up pretty good too. Then he took off. Funniest part was when he came crawling back as I sat there waiting on the police because his boyfriend threatened to put him out on his ear if he didn't go face the music. He then tried to tell the cop that I drifted into his lane and struck HIM. Thankfully the cop wasn't born yesterday. Turns out the truck was an Enterprise rental, and now I have to deal with them. All of the estimates I've gotten are in the 3,000 to 3,500 range, most say replace bumper cover, replace fender, replace or repair wheel, replace the tire, repair the driver's side door, and repair the RS body molding. What isn't seen is that I have suspension damage, and I'm pretty sure the top part of the engine cage is bent inward as well. I suppose we will see what comes of this.:angry:

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
View attachment 196377 View attachment 196385 View attachment 196393 Well, I got nailed in traffic Saturday by some bozo who decided that the speed limit wasn't fast enough for him. He was tailgating me in heavy traffic, and as soon as a spot opened up next to me he flew into that lane, and tried to gun his way in front of me, but ended up ramming me instead. He was driving a BRAND NEW Silverado, and tore it up pretty good too. Then he took off. Funniest part was when he came crawling back as I sat there waiting on the police because his boyfriend threatened to put him out on his ear if he didn't go face the music. He then tried to tell the cop that I drifted into his lane and struck HIM. Thankfully the cop wasn't born yesterday. Turns out the truck was an Enterprise rental, and now I have to deal with them. All of the estimates I've gotten are in the 3,000 to 3,500 range, most say replace bumper cover, replace fender, replace or repair wheel, replace the tire, repair the driver's side door, and repair the RS body molding. What isn't seen is that I have suspension damage, and I'm pretty sure the top part of the engine cage is bent inward as well. I suppose we will see what comes of this.:angry:
I drive aggressively, but not dangerously aggressive. I just don't dilly dally around haha.

Sorry about your car and the fact you have to deal with a rental company's insurance. Hopefully they take care of you and replace everything and "repair" nothing, nothing repaired is ever as good as it was new. Glad you're okay.....also your attachments are invalid and we can't see the damage!

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
Anyone who drives a rental like that is dumb.

If you know your car well - like you've driven it for a year in all kinds of conditions - you can get away with driving like an ass.

But on a rental that you have maybe a day's worth of driving. That's dumb.

Reactions: _MerF_

·
2,168 Posts
The attachments won't open for me. That sucks about being hit, I believe I would place that person in the dangerous driver category.

As a side note, I think I would also have to put myself in the aggressive driver category. But aggressive and dangerous drivers are completely different in my book. I might tailgate with a 2-3 car length space on the interstate when I'm upset the driver in front isn't actively passing or getting out of the way. That tends to lead to me passing in the right lane if another driver continues to cruise in the left lane when they've clearly had the opportunity to let me by. But I'm constantly aware of my surroundings and the surroundings of others. For instance, if I know there is another driver in front of the person in front of me, I don't tailgate because I'm aware it's not their fault. Once they're the only person in front of me, then I deploy my road-rage.

I do not piss off other drivers intentionally by forcefully cutting them off, honking, gesturing, etc. But I can not stand when other drivers aren't considering the flow of traffic or the wishes of other people, such as myself. Just because they don't want to do 81 MPH doesn't mean I should have to follow behind them while they let their speed fluctuate between 68 and 75. My goal is always to be able to set my cruise at 81 mph and cruise in the right lane. When I come up to someone who is going slower, I signal and change lanes to pass them, then I signal and get back over. It's such a simple concept. In my mind, it's so easy to avoid pacing people and to avoid blocking others who come up behind me going faster, all you have to do is consider other people and stop being selfish.

Again, that sucks, hope you're able to get that resolved.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
If you know your car well - like you've driven it for a year in all kinds of conditions - you can get away with driving like an ass.

But on a rental that you have maybe a day's worth of driving. That's dumb.
Driving that way is dumb. Driving that way in the rental is dumber.

Reactions: gyrfalcon

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Unfortunately the door is actually damaged as well, just hard to see in the photos. It's out of alignment on the hinges and touching the rear door on top, and is crunched along it's front edge slightly.

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
I don't think Enterprise will cover your damages. That guy's insurance is the one on the hook. Enterprise will go after him as well, even if he did accept their insurance coverage.

·
2,168 Posts
I see the pictures now. :( Good luck with the insurance struggle, you're in for a few months of headache. Keep us updated on your progress. That's a nice looking Cruze, or I guess it WAS nice until that happened.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He bought their primo coverage, so they are on the hook up front, and go after his insurance on the back end.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Only if I opt to file the claim through my insurance, which I don't want to do. I have a 2,000 deductible.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks man. I am gonna take it as a back-handed opportunity to replace the front bumper with the facelifted 2015 RS design, and make them pay for most of it :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts