Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
25,040 Posts
We're still waiting for GM to update their recall database.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Takata airbags, and as far as I know, no. Gm does not use them. In malibus atleast. Cannot see why it would be any different for a cruze.

Edit: 13 and 14s used em. Might wanna look into it.

·
Premium Member
4,585 Posts
Takata airbags, and as far as I know, no. Gm does not use them. In malibus atleast. Cannot see why it would be any different for a cruze.

Edit: 13 and 14s used em. Might wanna look into it.
GM clearly DOES do business with Takata. The focus on these 34 million airbags seems to be on 2002 through 2008 units

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
GM clearly DOES do business with Takata.
And they are in the Cruze. But we still don't know if we're affected or not.

Do our CTD cars have the faulty air bags? I have a 2014 that was built prior to July 2013.
Maybe not this round, but I'll bet you were affected by a recall from last year. There are several sites you can input your VIN into and see if there are any outstanding issues.

Here's one: GM Recall Center

·
Premium Member
4,585 Posts
Has the definitive list come out? So far, we're not on it. And there are 2011 cars on the list.
Your link to the recall center just brings up the main recall center page, no specific information unless you enter your personalized Vin. Which 2011 Cars are on the list, and is it for the metal shrapnel exploding and causing damage to the eye and other parts of the body including brain injury?

·
Administrator
25,040 Posts
Your link to the recall center just brings up the main recall center page, no specific information unless you enter your personalized Vin. Which 2011 Cars are on the list, and is it for the metal shrapnel exploding and causing damage to the eye and other parts of the body including brain injury?
The only way to know if your car has been identified is to periodically check either the NHTSA's recall site or the manufacturer's recall site. Remember the Cruze Half Axle recall, only one of the two manufacturers Half Axles were affected. Hopefully GM has done a better job of tracking which air bag inflaters went into which cars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts