Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
The airbag sensors are up pretty high above the radiator. I doubt that where issue lie. My guess is that it is the seatbelt pretensioner that got wet. They explosive and are controlled by the airbag module. You'll need a diagnostic tool to figure it out. But, if you have full coverage, my guess is the insurance will total the car. Since it's now wet inside the car, DON'T roll up the windows. You'll get mildew almost instantly. Leave the windows cracked until you figure out what's going to happen with your insurance

·
Registered
545 Posts
SRS modules are design to self destruct if initiated, and are way over priced to replace, apparently no air bags were triggered.
That was true at one time, but it's not true anymore. On the Cruze, and all of the late model cars I know of, the module can be reset after a deploy command. This can be done with some better scan tools, or the module can be sent to an outside service after the deployed components have been replaced. What does get ruined post deployment are the plugs on the clockspring on the steering column. They tend to melt to the airbag. Some replace the clockspring and some just solder on new ends.

·
Registered
545 Posts
You really need to get access to a scan tool. I was able to read my airbag codes with a GM TECH II set to T body. The TECH II doesn't really support the P body Cruze, but I was able to read my codes this way. TECH II is fairly common in smaller shops, where the current tool, MDI, isn't. I agree with Robby that the carpet should be pulled so, that the foam insulation can dry out under carpet. The front seats are easy to remove. The rear seat base sucks. You just pull until the floor deforms and the expensive clips break. If the insurance gets involved, the car will likely total, but in the end, it will save you some frustration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.