Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Sure don't like reading post like this, air bag sensors are supposed to be water proof, post this in the GM ask section of this board. SRS modules are design to self destruct if initiated, and are way over priced to replace, apparently no air bags were triggered.

Again using a high impedance CMOS microcontroller, leakage currents can trigger these. Would think since no accident was involved and required by law, should be warranted for the life of the vehicle. Honda did have a lifetime warranty on seat belts regardless of the cause. Ha, one of my pups chewed one up, no charge for a brand new belt. But no such luck with GM and no damage to the belt either, dang think just fell apart.

It may even cure itself after it dries off, but should have never happened in the first place. With that SRS lamp on, you have no air bags. Ask GM, people on this board are far more reasonable than some dealers.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
What Robby, the Cruze doesn't float like that VW Beetle did?

My power window wouldn't go back up after a toll stop in Illinois in my old 89 Continental, had to drive back in a major downpour. Repairing the window was easy, pulling out the entire interior was not. But no problems removing the rear seat bottom cushion. Not a very welcomed gift with the Cruze.

I also would pay extra for the Cruze if it had manual windows as an option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.