Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's car was stuck in a flooded parking lot today. The car was on a slight slope where the front end was slightly higher than the front. The front of the car had water about 2" above the bottom of the front end air dam, but not high enough to go over the door sill (no standing water in the front floorboards, but about an inch of water in the rear floor boards because of the drain holes). She didn't try to start it until after the water level dropped to where she could drive it out without the front end pushing water. The only problem now with the car is the airbag service message is being displayed on the dashboard. All other electronics are working fine.

I've included a picture that shows the car at the worst stage of flooding.

Are there sensors behind the bumper shroud that could have been damaged by standing water? If so, can they be easily replaced without needed a dealer?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate all of the quick responses.

Gus_Mahn: Can't see the seat belt pretensioner getting wet based on the water inside. The pooling of water on the rear floorboard came from water seeping up through the drain holes. The front floorboards had no water at all and the water level never got higher than the interior doorjams, so no water entered the car in any other manner than those rear drain holes. I ran my hands along the carpetunder the front seats and they were dry, so any wiring or sensors there weren’texposed to water. Already have mydaughter leaving the windows cracked about 2” at night and all four doors openduring the day with fans going.

For “spacedout”: yes,the car was moved back, but that was done before the water’s edge got to thecar’s front tires.

So here’s more information that might help some of youfigure out more of the possible problem. My daughter said that while her husband was sitting in the passengerseat this evening, the passenger airbag indicator indicated it was off, meaningas far as the seat sensor was concerned, no one was sitting in the front-rightpassenger. The dashboard info displaystill said to service the airbag.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.