Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I drive a 2014 2LT.
My A/C problems began suddenly last week for no apparent reason.
When I start and drive my Cruze from a cold engine, the air blows super-cold as it did before the problem began.
Once I have been driving 5 to 6 minutes, the air suddenly blows very hot and I notice a strong, disgusting smell coming through the vents. For the rest of the drive the smell occurs intermittently and the air blows anywhere from cold to hot.
In addition, while driving I notice considerable condensation forming inside the air conditioner dash vents and air-direction grills, so much so that the condensation internally runs down the center dashboard and console and accumulates beneath the driver-side floor mat.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
I dumped two brand new Cars because of the 'funk' smell that Miami can add to cars. As it is Miami smells like mulch or mold or grass. My Honda Dealer (Brahman on Coral way) had a new type square car wash frame that came down and washed the car with high speed pressure. It also blew water in through the air filter which made the car unbearable. Got in the vents and there was no hope

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
You may be low on Freon. For some weird reason, when as the system gets low, it gets really cold. And then it fall low enough that the sensors turn off the A/C to protect the compressor.

Reactions: Dngrsone
1 - 4 of 4 Posts